View from Pakistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Aug 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Is there any information as to where this was published JJ, or who Mr Singh works for? DB

3. I'd be interested to know that as well. He does seem to have a particular anti-Wesstern slant to his writing - whether he's truly voicing a popular sentiment would be as important to judge as whether his assertions were fact.

4. Interesting reading re Xe(Blackwqter) what is the reaction by the ISI to an American PSC being employed in Pakistan, are they now offering their services to the highest bidder or is the USG(CIA) involved in the background?

5. Ran out of wine before end of cut and paste

6. Pre-Occupation State: Blackwater or X Services is hired by Zardari to protect mafias

Written by Satinder Singh Pakistan Aug 21, 2009

Two three days back behind Super Market at Islamabad the road in front of girls school was sealed off by security agencies, nobody was allowed to enter that area, a known plain clothes officer was standing at a distance of that area, when asked why such busy area is sealed by agencies, he turned his face towards sky and replied – Kala Pani Security Goray” than used uncounted letter words in Potohari language to praise Zardari ” Behnoo xxx and Maoo xxx etc.

Nothing New Then.

7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Thread title offends someone no doubt. As evidence by Prince Ginger Wales, 'Paki' is a racist slur. So in line with the 'can't say or do anything' culture, expect this thread to disappear soon.

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Or changed to 'Pakistani Street' since Paki is viewed and used as a racial epithet.

9. Just read, 'The Afghan' by Frederick Forsyth.

10. Paki is for our colonial cousins merely a descriptive label

11. Sixty

I know. Just suggesting a way the thread could avoid being hooped on sight.

12. surely its not come to that round here

13. Sixty

Golly, no. It's just that a scan of the thread titles would make the subject matter look pejorative.

14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

If it aint a big deal, why did the dope smoking ginger Nazi - reenactor have to grovel and Clarence House issue such a handwringing 'explanation'? I know if I use the term at work, my feet wouldn't touch the ground as I was thrown out.