Vietnam Medals

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by bigjarofwasps, Nov 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To sp4 W J Scovil U.S. Army, 53 850 446 date of service 8/4/69 to 8/4/71 in Vietnam from 17/9/69 to 25/9/70 8TH Cav, 1st Cav Div 2nd Batt Co E & C.

Comes with loads of research, historical & service records, e-mails from former vets and more, all the medals you see are confirmed and all devices are confirmed i.e. Bronze star for valor, combat inf badge etc,all of them, the medals that are named are as follows Bronze star, Army commendation medal (with v device & oak leaf cluster)Airmans medal, Army good conduct medal,(this medal is not listed on his records but is named to him)

His vietnam service medal has 4 bronze stars on but his records state 3, but thats how it came.

the Valorous unit Award was for the Fish hook region in Cambodia in 1970 if you have any questions please e-mail me, there is too much information to list, the weight is about 3kg, i dont know what the postage will be it depends on were it gose to but you will only pay what you have to, i will not rip anybody of look at my feedback, if you like Vietnam Groups then this is for you.

A interesting piece of information is that a Peter C Lemon won the Medal of Honor on 1st of April 1970 ,(check his citation out on medal of Honor winners ) he was in the same Battalion same Co at the same time as Scovil, you dont know maybe thats the same day he won his Bronze star for Valor

Attached Files:

2. I still have nightmares about the 'nam...........

Dagenham! :wink: