Vietnam-letters home

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by In-the-Van, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone else remember a [i think channel 4] documentary, possibly arena or some such arty-farty series, called 'Letters home from Vietnam'?

It would have been late eighties/early nineties, and format was famous actors reading actual letters from those at the front, against a backdrop of news footage and period music.

The reason I ask is that Mrs Vanguard has consigned the video player to history, and I need to source a DVD of said documentary. Any help would be appreciated, and I recommend anyone who gets the chance, to watch it.

I-T-Van

2. You sir, are a star!

3. An excellent documentary (if it can be called that). All being well, I will be at the Vietnam memorial in Washington DC this December and really looking forward to seeing it.

FM

4. Just obtained a copy of this...awesome.

Recomended viewing for anyone with a passing/avid interest on the effect of warfare on the individual.

5. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

This was repeeated on one of the Sky channels last year.
    Excellent program.

6. Front Line by David Bradbury is worth a look. The cameraman who took the film was later killed in a Bangkok coup.