videos and photos

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dazzaman70, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anybody know where i can download videos and photos of british soldiers in iraq and afgan. ive got a few but loads of sites wont let me download them.

i need them for a training video trying to get set up for phase 2 soldiers going to their units

2. You tube has a fair few if you search about, I know there was some 3 para and other arms videos. Too many to list!
  3. thnx v much Lance, works great. had download vlc player. it only plays them in a certain format tho. do u know how to change them to avi? no settings in properties to do it
  4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

You can do it with windows movie maker mostly. Xp and above should have it, via the accessories menu on the start menu...
  5. this is the missus now, its me sorting it out for him (just thod id let u know coz sumtimes i forget where I am and mite put a little 'x' at the end)

we tried converting it in WMP but its not happening. WMP wont play it because its an unknown format and it wants me to download codecs. nero wont do it either. its for his works pc and for security reasons it will only play the original video files like AVI and MPEG, if u know what i dont mean lol.

any suggestions?

6. no idea what you are talking about, however post the links and i'll download them and email them to you if you want

7. go to it lets you choose what format you want the you tube videos in
  8. thanks Lance but ive managed to download them using some video thingy. trying the links ev1 has sent me. if they dont work i'll let u know, cheers :)
  9. no problem mate :D
  10. the converter things are downloading them in the same format but at least its opening the videos instantly so im not having to right click and select the player. the media convert thingy is a bit faster so i'll use that. thanks every1 for ur help, much appreciated!! :) Kaz