Video - Welsh Cav in Iraq

Skinn_Full

Old-Salt
Two points, that Seth Afrikan officer looks like a right chopper, secondly, See that lad do a face plant as he's about to go through the gate towards the end? Brilliant!!!!

Cheers Easy!

Skinn_Full said:
Two points, that Seth Afrikan officer looks like a right chopper, secondly, See that lad do a face plant as he's about to go through the gate towards the end? Brilliant!!!!

Cheers Easy!
I thought the Zimbabwean Officer was making a bloody good point. The Lad was staying at his location because he'd been trained to "preserve the evidence" as he said. Good way to end up dead.

I take it this went out on BBC. Hopefully plenty of folks saw it, it gave a good impression.

The film was on HTV Wales a few months ago.I was in the last episode.The programme provided lots of batner for the Christmas dinner.
As for the CO, well he is a regular on arrse.

Taff_Telic

Swinger
HA HA HA cannnot understand the TV people picked the biggest group of regimental knobbers to represent the regiment on TV. Ok a few of the featured lads are good boys,but come on ''the axe'' and Cur@@s what a pair of co@ks. Paveway you scivving cnut,nice tash.You were only in the Desert a few weeks.You were at BDE for most of it with your Apaches.

paveway_3 said:
The film was on HTV Wales a few months ago.I was in the last episode.The programme provided lots of batner for the Christmas dinner.
As for the CO, well he is a regular on arrse.
Was the CO the Zim Officer we saw? I can't be bothered to watch the whole video again just to check his rank tab! I recall the Zim Officer was a Lt from his rank tab but I only glimpsed it and maybe I misread it. He came across as being more senior.

Don't put his name on! Consider PERSEC before responding. Check with Good Co or Bad CO if appropriate.

I maintain that the officer was right although I have every sympathy with the lad involved - not knowing whether to use his initiative or follow the doctrine.

Another example of how political pressure costs lives in my view.

1140_Sqn

Old-Salt
he was a Lt Col.

i watched few weeks back when it was on tv.

sad to hear about the two lads being killed.

Was some of the footage mirror image filmed?
The Para at 08:13 in part one looks quite odd with wearing his beret French wise.

John_Jorrocks

Old-Salt
Spook is a good bloke.

Did time in the ranks before being commissioned and got to command the regiment. Not a bad achievement.

John_Jorrocks said:
Spook is a good bloke.

100% correct - an absolutely top guy who, in the clip I saw, was plainly just trying to instill a bit of lateral thinking into a young and obviously inexperienced soldier - exactly the sort of thing that keeps you alive in Iraq and Afghanistan!

As for the other negative comments - well you don't get to be a CO these days without being pretty good at your job and 20+ years of experience - just bear that in mind before slagging people off because of their positions and your limited takes on their personalities - put yourselves in their shoes before making crass statemets

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills ARRSE: Site Issues 1
B Military History and Militaria 6
DavidBOC ARRSE: Site Issues 6

Latest Threads