Video Tutorials - Court Mounting Medals - A Simple DIY Guide

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Because he would have served in SE Asia. That area was sub-divided into Burma Star and Pacific Star theatres.

Thus, his original qualifying service would have been for the Burma Star followed by trips into the theatres covered by the Pacific Star.
Thank you.
It had me wondering why tbh..but that makes sense. Bar on the Burma star instead of the Pacific star.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So if I get replica medals I can add the Pacific Star to the rack instead of the clasp on the Burma Star.
No, just the Burma Star with Pacific clasp.
Ministry of Defence said:
The Burma Star is awarded for operational service in Burma between 11 December 1941 and 2 September 1945. Those serving in Bengal and Assam in India and China, Hong Kong, Malaya or Sumatra between other specified dates may also qualify.

To apply for the Burma Star, you must have:

• 1 day of operational service in the army in the above qualifying areas
  • 1 day of operational service as ground crew in the RAF in the above qualifying areas
  • 1 operational sortie as aircrew in the RAF in the above qualifying areas
  • 1 day afloat on operational service in the above qualifying areas in the Royal Navy and already qualified for the 1939 to 1945 Star
The colours of the ribbon represent the sun, British and Commonwealth forces.

If you also qualify for the Pacific Star, you will only be awarded the first star earned. You will then receive a clasp with the title of the second star earned which is worn on the ribbon of the first.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Ahh right.
Excellent. I'll get the rack replica lot done but with the clasp for the Pacific if that's possible.

I wasn't sure so glad of the clarification. Cheers..

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Ahh right.
Excellent. I'll get the rack replica lot done but with the clasp for the Pacific if that's possible.

I wasn't sure so glad of the clarification. Cheers..

mess dress.com do cracking WWII star replicas. Next day delivery. They'll even mount them for you.

Or you can do it yourself now, of course...

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Rosette?
The Burma Star has a bar on it "Pacific" what's the rosette for

Sorry for being a bit dull

The clasp goes on the ribbon suspending the medal... The rosette goes on the ribbon strip which is worn on the appropriate dress when medals are not worn.

Like Uncle Albert?

ww2-boxed-39-45-star-atlantic-burma_360_5755cbe3e8da9da59434b576a9ae31ed.jpg

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Court-mounting Overlapped Medals

Miserable music industry sh*ts...!

Got flagged for copyright by some turds called "Elite Alliance" claiming to own the rights to a specifically royalty-free track.

I appealed it but they somehow have the power to order YouTube to take it down if I didn't change it. What the actual...

Hey ho, at least it's now easier on the ears for all you old farts :thumleft:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi @Boris_Johnson, do you still have ribbons and buckram for sale? Mine need an update, enough buckram for 2 medals would be great and ribbon for GSM and Gulf War :)

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Hi @Boris_Johnson, do you still have ribbons and buckram for sale? Mine need an update, enough buckram for 2 medals would be great and ribbon for GSM and Gulf War :)

Yep got all that...

My number still the same if you still have it.

I'm teaching now but should be free at lunch

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Miserable music industry sh*ts...!

Got flagged for copyright by some turds called "Elite Alliance" claiming to own the rights to a specifically royalty-free track.

I appealed it but they somehow have the power to order YouTube to take it down if I didn't change it. What the actual...

Hey ho, at least it's now easier on the ears for all you old farts :thumleft:
YouTube owns Elite Alliance.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
YouTube owns Elite Alliance.

Weirdly though, the clip was from a different site with the exact quote from the creator giving permission for their music to be used... She even goes on to say accreditation is always nice, but not essential.

Maybe she's since been picked up by YouTube / Google to earn them even more millions of $$$ hey ho...

Latest Threads