VIDEO: RAF Tornado Targeting Pod Footage from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by UKForcesAfghanistan, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To link to the blog site click HERE
    It contains four videos from the LITENING III Targeting Pod from recent sorties over Afghanistan by XIII Squadron from RAF Marham.
  2. msr

msr LE

Any chance you could proof-read this before releasing it?
  3. Ahemmm, Afghanis? Did you mean Afghans or were you refering to the local currency?
  4. I wish the army had the RAFs PR machine.
  5. Maybe when the Army gets WATCHKEEPER, it will get some of the RAF's capability ...
  6. I wouldn't go that far, a bit of of a difference between a GR4 and a UAV. My point was ref to the RAF making routine tasks " mountains out of molehills"
  7. Yes, I know, but I'm an inveterate punster and couldn't let a target of opportunity like that go by. :)

Besides, all that's necessary is to just be a little economical with the truth ...

8. Excog,

WK may be remaining in contact over Wales with the Viet Taff, but certainly not over Afghanistan with Terry as it is yet to be deployed! H450 is doing that role now.

However, remember that H450 and WK are line of sight ops only and fulfils a complimentary role to GR4 as it does with a myriad of other types (eg DH3, Pred, Reaper, other fast air etc).

9. Like the Viet Taff comment ^_^

Yesterdays Defence News..........

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Equipment and Logistics | Hermes UAV reaches 30,000-hour milestone in Afghanistan
  10. Hey, it was only a joke - no need to take off into the wild blue yonder about it. PR machines don't work by presenting a fair and accurate reflection of reality and certainly not by giving kudos to the 'also ran's. :)

The big problem, as I see it, is that after training in Wales we will end up with a system that can track Terry's goats and sheep but not Terry himself.

Viet Taff? Reporting you for Incitement to Racial Hatred someone will be, isn't it, boyo. :twisted:
  11. I will always remember reading an especially amusing operational MISREP a few years ago which stated:

'NSTR other than observing 1 x youth (unsuccessfully) attempting to copulate with goat at position LatX/LongY'!

Meanwhile, back in Wales:

Blackadder : Have you ever been to Wales Baldrick?
    Baldrick : No, but I've often thought I'd like to.
    Blackadder : Well don't, it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrorising people with their close-harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the place names. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight.