Video of USSF door kickers.

Firing on the move
Bunching
Happy Slapping
More Bunching
Wasting Ammo
Even more bunching

But generally interesting to watch... Bad drills dudes.

Hearts and minds anyone? Hmm anyone.....?

My word, who mounts a minigun to a HMMWV outside of Hollywood? And yeah, you couldn't fail to hit at least one person with them all bunched up like that.

Remember what they say about opinions being like *********? Everyone has one. These guys do this for a living,i see no bad drills here but then again this is arrse nothing done by Americans is ever good in your eyes

Are you serious RedShrek? what about slapping householders in the face around 1.04?

I think the music is the theme tune from "Team America: World Police"... so hopefully the whole video is meant to be sarcastic as opposed to 'yeah, aren't we great chaps'.

Tricam.

Looks to me like a gung hoe feel good video produced by a septic who obviously has no concept of the term "Winning hearts and minds".

All my own opinion of course.

Red Shrek said:
Remember what they say about opinions being like *********? Everyone has one. These guys do this for a living,i see no bad drills here but then again this is arrse nothing done by Americans is ever good in your eyes
Bunching is bunching is bunching..... sloppy drills equal more floded flags
Sorry to offend but look at the evidence, a few well lobbed gren's would have done mucho mucho damage!

tricam said:
Are you serious RedShrek? what about slapping householders in the face around 1.04?

I think the music is the theme tune from "Team America: World Police"... so hopefully the whole video is meant to be sarcastic as opposed to 'yeah, aren't we great chaps'.

Tricam.
None of us have any background perspective of what was really going on.They could have been slapping an insurgent for al i know.THis was put together by someone for SF guys who have more background info than anyone else on what was going down.So is your problem the fact they were using the Team America theme song or what?I can safely say no one can accuse US SF guys of ignoring hearts and minds.So what exactly is your point?

FFS, They might aswell broadcast an AQ recruiting video worldwide. Seen loads of clips like this on that servingmycountry website. Yeah we all may like to take the odd momento now & then, but putting things like this together is only stoking the fire. Maybe its ok if kept "in house" but not plastered all over the www. But then in this day & age what could you expect. It only takes one guy on leave to give a mate a copy then wham its worldwide. Maybe its just me , but I feel all these vids may come back & haunt somebody oneday.

Regards LT.

How embarassing, yet entertaining too.

LoneTree said:
FFS, They might aswell broadcast an AQ recruiting video worldwide. Seen loads of clips like this on that servingmycountry website. Yeah we all may like to take the odd momento now & then, but putting things like this together is only stoking the fire. Maybe its ok if kept "in house" but not plastered all over the www. But then in this day & age what could you expect. It only takes one guy on leave to give a mate a copy then wham its worldwide. Maybe its just me , but I feel all these vids may come back & haunt somebody oneday.

Regards LT.

I agree... videos like that, when circulated on the web can do harm. But I don't think the Yanks give a toss.

My point exactly. Hearts and minds anyone? Hmm...anyone? No, didn't think so.

I thought my first post made my point clear enough. You said you see no bad drills - I pointed out that someone slaps an Iraqi in the face during the arrest. How is that a good drill? Its not hugely serious and is no Abu Gharib,Guantanamo etc. but it doesn't look like it was very necessary. I don't know if the slapper was Iraqi special forces or a yank.

No, I don't mind them using music from Team America. I was just pointing out that that movie was slagging off Americans (among other things). Perhaps - although I doubt it - this video is also a skit.

As a general point, which others have alluded to, I find these videos a bit distasteful. All that gung-ho, macho crap can't be helping to wins hearts & minds in either Iraq or in other countries around the world. The contrast in tone between these videos and Brit ones is astounding. Brits make videos taking the piss out out pop videos with classics such as "Show me the way to Armarillo" or Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". Or they make genuinely poignant videos such as that one about Al-Amarah that was posted on the site recently.

I'm a big fan of yanks, in particular your women, but these sort of videos are not my cup of tea.

Tricam

ps - I'm a soapdodger and am not in the British Army - don't want to somehow give the impression I am.

tricam said:
I thought my first post made my point clear enough. You said you see no bad drills - I pointed out that someone slaps an Iraqi in the face during the arrest. How is that a good drill? Its not hugely serious and is no Abu Gharib,Guantanamo etc. but it doesn't look like it was very necessary. I don't know if the slapper was Iraqi special forces or a yank.

No, I don't mind them using music from Team America. I was just pointing out that that movie was slagging off Americans (among other things). Perhaps - although I doubt it - this video is also a skit.

As a general point, which others have alluded to, I find these videos a bit distasteful. All that gung-ho, macho crap can't be helping to wins hearts & minds in either Iraq or in other countries around the world. The contrast in tone between these videos and Brit ones is astounding. Brits make videos taking the urine out out pop videos with classics such as "Show me the way to Armarillo" or Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". Or they make genuinely poignant videos such as that one about Al-Amarah that was posted on the site recently.

I'm a big fan of yanks, in particular your women, but these sort of videos are not my cup of tea.

Tricam

ps - I'm a soapdodger and am not in the British Army - don't want to somehow give the impression I am.
I understand where you are coming from.I guess it is a difference in culture perhaps? i don't know but i understand where you are coming from