Video interview

Hello,

I've had a video interview scheduled for me as part of my officer application. Has anyone had this before, as I am really struggling to find anything online about it.

Is it because I've applied for the Army Undergraduate Bursary?

Thanks for any help.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hello,

I've had a video interview scheduled for me as part of my officer application. Has anyone had this before, as I am really struggling to find anything online about it.

Is it because I've applied for the Army Undergraduate Bursary?

Thanks for any help.
No clue; sorry. Do you live somewhere off the beaten track/particularly far away from a mutually convenient location?

No clue; sorry. Do you live somewhere off the beaten track/particularly far away from a mutually convenient location?
I don't believe so, no. I'm slap bang in-between two major cities, each of which have their own AFCO. Perhaps it is a new part of the application they're rolling out?

Either way, of course I will be treating it like a regular professional interview, and would encourage anyone who is in the same situation as me to do so.

I don't believe so, no. I'm slap bang in-between two major cities, each of which have their own AFCO. Perhaps it is a new part of the application they're rolling out?

Either way, of course I will be treating it like a regular professional interview, and would encourage anyone who is in the same situation as me to do so.
No idea about the armed forces but it's fairly common in IT, my last interview was by Zoom. I found it easier than purely phone interviews because eye contact does help.

Aye, treat it like a regular interview, dress as you would, ensure your connection's reliable and use a cable rather than wireless if you can as it's less likely to drop.

No idea about the armed forces but it's fairly common in IT, my last interview was by Zoom. I found it easier than purely phone interviews because eye contact does help.

Aye, treat it like a regular interview, dress as you would, ensure your connection's reliable and use a cable rather than wireless if you can as it's less likely to drop.
Thank you for the tips!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

<tangent> I had to do one where it was a series of textual questions on the screen which I'd have to read and then film my response on the webcam for each one then send the completed responses away. No interaction whatsoever. That wasn't unnerving much. They offered me the position and I told them to poke it. </tangent>

<tangent> I had to do one where it was a series of textual questions on the screen which I'd have to read and then film my response on the webcam for each one then send the completed responses away. No interaction whatsoever. That wasn't unnerving much. They offered me the position and I told them to poke it. </tangent>
I am not a number....

Who the feck comes up with these? That has OCD geek with no people skills written all over the originator but I think I'd have turned up out of curiosity.

I had an interview with the MOD on the subject of life after the services. They emailed me asking if I lived within driving distance of London.
"About two months driving time, and get your car undersealed as the last leg is across a bit of the Pacific."
So, we did it by video, and all I can say is look as smart as your would if it was a face to face, and if you have a headset and microphone the audio is better at both ends.

I had a video interview for my Officer application process. I live in Swansea and officer recruitment doesnt happen in my local office so I would of had to travel to birmingham.

The video interview was super easy and very relaxing for me. I dressed up smart for it and set up my Skype but we had connection problems so ended up just doing the interview over the phone.

They just ask you like why you want to join, what you know about the role, what your doing in your life right now (job/uni) and your aspirations/long term army goals. A more indepth discussion on the joining process. Then just a general chit chat about Sandhurst/officer training and an army career.

Nothing to worry about and dont really need to prep.

I had a video interview for my Officer application process. I live in Swansea and officer recruitment doesnt happen in my local office so I would of had to travel to birmingham.

The video interview was super easy and very relaxing for me. I dressed up smart for it and set up my Skype but we had connection problems so ended up just doing the interview over the phone.

They just ask you like why you want to join, what you know about the role, what your doing in your life right now (job/uni) and your aspirations/long term army goals. A more indepth discussion on the joining process. Then just a general chit chat about Sandhurst/officer training and an army career.

I hope you did not utter hyphenated adjectives in the interview that begin with 'super'? Otherwise your joining instructions may be for HMS Raleigh or RAF Honington.

(no offence meant, I am just super phobic)
:)

Thanks for the reply mate. Interesting as my nearest city is Leeds, would've thought they'd do officer recruitment there...