Video: IED vs M1.

ouch.
hope the crew is ok.

Holy crap!

Holy Sh1t
anyone have any idea how much gear you need to do that to a M1 or similar???

A fucking lot!

It really is creepy how those insurgent boys keep chanting "allah akhbar"

Look on the bright side... Imagine it from the perspective of the bombers:

"So, Abdul. We have spent the entire night transferring a half ton of explosives into this culvert. That should rip even the toughest of the American tanks into little tiny infidel pieces... oh, here it comes... ready, ready.. god is great yadda yadda.. boom! Why is the tank not in little itty bitty infidel pieces and why is it still rolling forward?"

NTM

California_Tanker said:
Look on the bright side... Imagine it from the perspective of the bombers:

"So, Abdul. We have spent the entire night transferring a half ton of explosives into this culvert. That should rip even the toughest of the American tanks into little tiny infidel pieces... oh, here it comes... ready, ready.. god is great yadda yadda.. boom! Why is the tank not in little itty bitty infidel pieces and why is it still rolling forward?"

NTM
At this point in time the only thing rolling forward is the insurgent propaganda machine. This clip shows every Abdulla out there that the impossible can be done, that is, the best ground combat vehicle can be stopped on it's tracks by a raggamuffin bunch of towel wearers sitting behind a bush screaming incoherently.

pomps said:
Holy Sh1t
anyone have any idea how much gear you need to do that to a M1 or similar???
Our old AT mines had 7kg explosive in them, and they made a Hell of a bang, but I doubt they'd get an M1 so high in the air.

The amount required depends on what kind of explosive it was, but quite a lot anyway.

i belive most of the large IEDs are made with arty shells, how many 155mm in that bang?

Devil_Dog said:
This clip shows every Abdulla out there that the impossible can be done, that is, the best ground combat vehicle can be stopped on it's tracks by a raggamuffin bunch of towel wearers sitting behind a bush screaming incoherently.
By definition, if it was stopped in its tracks, it wouldn't have been rolling forward when the tape ended. Of course, the tape ends before the crew are given a chance to recover.

NTM

It looks like the M1 is lifted on a raft of road.....ouch

California_Tanker said:
By definition, if it was stopped in its tracks, it wouldn't have been rolling forward when the tape ended. Of course, the tape ends before the crew are given a chance to recover.

NTM
I saw one last year where a soldier was shot from quite close range and fell to the ground.

In the full version, he jumped up again ran to the other side of the Humvee and returned fire, there wasn't quite so much pro-insurgent propaganda value in the last bit though.

Tartan_Terrier said:
California_Tanker said:

NTM
I saw one last year where a soldier was shot from quite close range and fell to the ground.

In the full version, he jumped up again ran to the other side of the Humvee and returned fire, there wasn't quite so much pro-insurgent propaganda value in the last bit though.
-I happen to know who your talking of, he is a Medic in our Bde, & a good Man. he only has a bruise from the impact of the 7.62X54R that hit the SAPI plate. He even wound up capturing the shooters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mxbsD61A1A&mode=related&search=

Yes, it's how the 'rest of the film' came to be shown, and not just the bit where he drops: They captured the camcorder with him.

NTM

hopefully the crew was ok but i know if that was the brits and a cab rat hit a bump like that even if its not his fault he would have a swift wrap around the head with a BOT (breach opening tool)

Latest Threads