Video: French Chasseurs Alpins in Heavy Combat in A-stan

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by fantassin, May 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is not the whole report which was broadcasted yesterday on French M6 channel, just an extract.

French 27 Bataillon de Chasseurs Alpins (Mountain Rifles) from the 27th Mountain Infantry Brigade arrived in Afghanistan last December. They took responsability for the Kapisa region.

This video shows the battle of Alasay Valley in March this year.

Heavy combat around 10' with a lot of SAF, Milan ATGW etc; a French VAB APC gets hit by several RPGs around 10'25; sadly, the pilot was KIA.
  2. Video makes sobering viewing. It is a timely reminder that the U.K. and the U.S. are not the only ones losing people in the 'stan. We (well I for one) tend to overlook this fact as I never hear it reported on the Blair Brown Corporation. RIP.
  3. Interesting stuff Fantassin! I'd recommend fast-forwarding to 4 mins if your French ain't so good like mine though, good footage of them malleting that compound with good old MILAN, good footage of the A-10 going over and the night footage with the tracer going in is cool. Been following these lads a bit via your posts-best of luck to them and hope the Chasseurs Alpins have a safe and sucessful rest of tour. Bad news about the VAB driver, RIP & condolences to his family.
  4. Wanted to watch this having seen it advertised. Sadly my children wanted to watch Ocean's 11 instead ........ Thanks for the link.
  5. [​IMG]

Colonel Le Nen, the CO of the French TF Tiger seen on the video has just been awarded the Bronze Star by the americans. He is in command of the 27 Bataillon de Chasseurs Alpins which was deployed in the Uzbin/Surobi region of RC-E for the past six months.
  6. That's fantastic.
  7. Good video, thanks for posting mon ami.
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

9. The 27 Mountain Brigade Recce unit (GCM) has used para-sails for a very long time. They have realized it saves an awful lot of time when you can sail rather than walk down to the bottom of the valley with a heavy pack...not to mention the IEDs....but you don't want any Taleban around when doing this !

Here is a link to more info on the GCM (in English and French):
  10. Excellent video and a use ful reminder that the cheese eaters are playing their part to the full.

'Putain'? That's the Russian ex president is it not!
  11. Damn, should've looked at the original post date. Thought it looked familiar. Thought that I may have seen the future for a minute there.