Vidal dead

His war poetry was shit and all.

From his wiki entry:

At the age of 17, although having been too young to serve in the Second World War, he became the youngest member of the 43 Group, a Jewish veterans' underground organisation. It fought against anti-semitism after the war ended by breaking up Fascist meetings in East London.[SUP][7][/SUP] One newspaper refers to him as an "anti-fascist warrior-hairdresser", whose aim was to prevent Sir Oswald Mosley's far-Right movement from spreading "messages of hatred" in the period following the Second World War.[SUP][8][/SUP]
In 1948, at the age of 20, he joined the Haganah (which shortly afterwards became the Israeli Defence Forces) and fought in the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, which began after Israel achieved statehood.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] During an interview, he described the year he spent training with the Israelis as "the best year of my life," and recalled how he felt:
When you think of 2,000 years of being put down and suddenly you are a nation rising, it was a wonderful feeling. There were only 600,000 people defending the country against five armies, so everyone had something to do.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Was there much Gore?

I am not happy to hear that, bastard owed me a couple of bob.

He was a cut above the rest but had to perm anently brush up on his work otherwise it was curtains for him.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Oh its a barber, I thought you meant Gore Vidal, very gay but at least amusing.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Oh its a barber, I thought you meant Gore Vidal, very gay but at least amusing.
In the US we would say "switch hitter" i.e. bats either way. He apparently spent WW II as a soldier on an Army ship in Alaska.