Figures Victory Miniatures 120mm Royal Marines Officer, 1805

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Victory Miniatures 120mm Royal Marines Officer 1805.

Continuing my series of vingettes featuring 120mm figures, this kit is a challenging one; A mixture of resin, white metal and brass strip. After the usual wash with mild detergent, the kit was thoroughly dried and then primer with a tin of Halford's finest. All colours used were Vallejo model colour Acrylics with washes from Life Colour Liquid Pigments Flesh shadowing. As these washes produced one of the best faces I've turned out to date, they will be used on a regular basis for other figures.

The gold frogging on the tunic front presented a few small problems, as some of the detail hadn't shown through on the mouldings. I fixed these by using some ultra-thin plastic card, cut to shape and filed in situ. The buttons on the turnbacks were also missing but added using scale plastic for cut to shape and glued in place. Once painted, they looked pretty sharp.The

Where the right sleeve fixes to the body was also a minor problem. There was a block of excess resin under the epaulette top, preventing a correct fit. This was removed and a small blob of Artist's Modelling Paste was used to fill the small join between arm and body. I'm pleased with the way this kit has come out, even more because I believe it is one of my best yet. I have one of two others on the back burner, so standby for few more yet.
IMG_20210401_213103.jpg

IMG_20210401_213011.jpg

IMG_20210401_213022.jpg

IMG_20210401_213045.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_212842.jpg
    IMG_20210401_212842.jpg
    958.2 KB · Views: 12

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Looks very well mate, could maybe stand a little dirtying up though, given he appears to be giving the Frogs a kicking.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looks very well mate, could maybe stand a little dirtying up though, given he appears to be giving the Frogs a kicking.
I like to show them in "clean order" before giving them the bucket of dust! I am pleased with how the face came out on this one.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I like to show them in "clean order" before giving them the bucket of dust! I am pleased with how the face came out on this one.
Yes, the face is good mate, next one have a go at a bit more highlight and shadows on it, and run a slightly darker skin tone around the hairlines. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the results

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the tip. I've got a couple more to do before I get back to Lt. Latham.