Victory in Sangin?

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Neuroleptic, Mar 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got back from Afghan yesterday and the USMC have Sangin sown up at present or so the US Marines who I was talking to seemed to think. They said our head shed were too scared with collateral damage and civilian casualties to ever get the job done there. Basically said our head shed are pussies which I'm inclined to agree with.
  2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I spoke to someone who was attached to them earlier this year and he pretty much said the same thing. He was impressed with the way they operated there, i think ROBUST was the word he used.
  3. I hope they have. But it's a little soon for a mission accomplished banner yet IMHO.
  4. Are you as convinced? genuine question.
  5. Yep. Our boys were just held back by over cautious head shed.

The mission will never be accomplished in Helmand if the mission is to rid the area of insurgents.
  6. There are nowhere near as many casualties coming out of Sangin now at any rate. Personally I think there are too few mid management leaders in the Sangin area at present to organise some decent resistance. I've no doubt it'll pick up a notch or two as we enter the summer months out there. The yanks certainly don't **** about though when they've a mission to accomplish (unlike us).
  7. How much of the USMC having the place tightened up is to do with the taliban simply moving elsewhere, or as FSJ alludes to, waiting for the summer months before ratcheting up a notch?
  8. 4yrs of RMC presence and what? 1 yrs of 6th Marines being in the area and its done?

Another one for the history books for the veterans of Al Anbar.

9. I don't know what you're on....but can I buy it over the counter?

Given the bang-up job the Devil Dawgs have done in Sangin, interesting to read that THEIR head-shed wants out sooner rather than later....

....and this was the story in the Marine Corps Times a month ago, coming out of Sangin......yup, Uncle Sam's Misguided Children have without doubt tamed the place.......ooh-rah....
  10. And another case of the yanks royally pissing off the locals thereby creating, you guessed it more insurgents.

0311, I have come to the conclusion the you are the biggest ******** that god ever shoveled guts into.

Hang yourself.
  11. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

And another case of the yanks royally pissing off the locals thereby creating, you guessed it more insurgents.

Oh? Whence this info?