Victorian - 1950s army books and ephemera publisher

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Lucretia, Sep 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I have just discovered this Publisher's website - apologies if you are aware of it already. They publish reprints of military books from 1860s to 1950s, along with scraps, postcards, photos etc. For those placing a first order in the next few weeks there is a £10 off voucher. (see special offers)

http://www.military-naval-history.co.uk/index.htm

I think I might have to get the re-print of 'Life in the Army by R.Simkin Pub 1890' and the 'Field Service Pocket Book 1932'

I'll add them to my Christmas list...

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Cheers for the link. Nice site.

3. msr

msr LE

Some of these would make excellent presents for the Mess.

msr

P.S. Please could you employ a professional web designer? It does detract from the quality of the product you are offering.

4. Fine for those with deep pockets, or someone else's money to spend - notice how they seldom rush to disclose prices till the last knockings. My past experience was slow and not particularly helpful in turning an order around, but not shy about the subsequent mailing list. :thumbdown:

No.9

5. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

It's not my site but I agree they could use a web designer. Although it does have a certain old fashioned charm, as it is.