Victoria Cross Stamps

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Cutaway, Oct 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I hope Militaria is the correct forum for this post but I've no idea where I'd post it else.

I've just received an e-mail informing me that the GPO (or whatever they're calling themselves this week,) are producing stamps featuring a VC winner. I hope and imagine this might be the start of a series culminating in Beharry VC's citation - or perhaps another sldr if a further VC gets issued.
    If nothing else it raises the profile of the forces in the public eye once again, but I know which stamps I'll be using on my letters as long as they're about.

Here's the bumf:

Anyone else know owt about this ?

2. Bit more info here, Cuts.

I shall be stocking up pronto!

Edited to add that the Royal Snail marketing dept don't take long to show the depth of their secondary moddun educashun by stating here that the medal was awarded to recognise bravery. Actually no, QV specifically changed the decoration to read 'For Valour' because she felt that all of her soldiers were brave. Hey, ho. At least they got in their 'Peace Studies' bit about not glorifying war.
    Give me strength...

3. I shall doff my hat before posting any letters this year..

PB

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Thanks lads.

And to Stickybomb & PassingBells for the extra gen.

6. Charles Upham and Jack Cornwall where two of my heroes when I was but a kid.
    john