Victoria Cross Heros

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by DodgerH, Nov 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tonight (Sunday) Channel 5 2000hrs

The modern age:1 of 3

The Prince of Wales introduces a series telling the stories of VC holders from the past 150 yrs.
    The first programme charts the history of the medal and features interviews with one of the oldest living recipients and the owner of the worlds largest collection of VC's

Our most recent appears in on of the three programmes.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Well done Dodger - I missed that in the TV listing, Thanks

edited to add:

This might be better off in another Forum though!!

3. Maybe one of the Mods can do that......I think its not to be missed.

4. Yep i saw it in the listings, A bridge to far is also on at the moment :)

5. saw a similar programme a couple of years ago with jeremy clarkson, very very good.

6. Just started.

7. Watching it now.

8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Very humbling..........

btw,Wednesday 22nd Nov,BBC1 1930Hrs Real Story with Fiona Bruce. About our lads returning from Iraq.
    Spike

9. Agreed, quite good. Feeling very humble.

10. Inspiring. Got my kids watching it. They're mesmerised.

11. Did anybody notice that just behind Charles there appeared to be a medal mounted to the Right of th VC, as if it took precedence? Something I twigged in the the first instance.

These stories are utterly humbling.

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

You know,it amazes me just watching it,just how much times have changed.The footage of the crowds outside Buck House,waiting to greet the Lads as they emerge from meeting the Boss,Them being treated like national heroes by the crowds.
    Sadly,it's tw@s like Beckham who get that reception now.But these lads are more than just 'heroe's,These lads were preparred to lay down their own life for their mates.
    Thank you Sirs.

13. top programme, very humbling
    did anyone notice the tie that beharry was sitting with??? looked very much like aa arrse tie.

already put the order in with the wife for the accompanying dvd for xmas

14. Is this on t'internet anywhere? I don't watch telly, but this interests me.

MsG

15. Very humbling indeed, look forward to the other episodes.
    They've got more interviews/extras on the website http://www.channel5.com/programmes/victoriacross/

u_didnt_c_me_i_wasnt_ther, that would be a R IRISH tie, Richard Deane was attached to PWRR from 4 R IRISH. Top bloke!

FAB