Victoria Cross Heros

Tonight (Sunday) Channel 5 2000hrs

The modern age:1 of 3

The Prince of Wales introduces a series telling the stories of VC holders from the past 150 yrs.
The first programme charts the history of the medal and features interviews with one of the oldest living recipients and the owner of the worlds largest collection of VC's

Our most recent appears in on of the three programmes.

saw a similar programme a couple of years ago with jeremy clarkson, very very good.

Very humbling..........

btw,Wednesday 22nd Nov,BBC1 1930Hrs Real Story with Fiona Bruce. About our lads returning from Iraq.
Spike

Did anybody notice that just behind Charles there appeared to be a medal mounted to the Right of th VC, as if it took precedence? Something I twigged in the the first instance.

These stories are utterly humbling.

You know,it amazes me just watching it,just how much times have changed.The footage of the crowds outside Buck House,waiting to greet the Lads as they emerge from meeting the Boss,Them being treated like national heroes by the crowds.
Sadly,it's tw@s like Beckham who get that reception now.But these lads are more than just 'heroe's,These lads were preparred to lay down their own life for their mates.
Thank you Sirs.

top programme, very humbling
did anyone notice the tie that beharry was sitting with??? looked very much like aa arrse tie.

already put the order in with the wife for the accompanying dvd for xmas

Is this on t'internet anywhere? I don't watch telly, but this interests me.

MsG

Sir, c5's listings tonight are a breath of fresh air. I have no airborne connections but a bridge too far always hits the spot. One word quality.
VC's -excellent but why no coverage from mainstream channels

yater_spoon said:
Sir, c5's listings tonight are a breath of fresh air. I have no airborne connections but a bridge too far always hits the spot. One word quality.
VC's -excellent but why no coverage from mainstream channels
Simple.....Because C5 are trying (and winning!) to attract the more intellectual viewer whereas the 'mainstream' channels are trying (and winning ) the chav viewer who lives on a diet of 'reality' tv,burgers & alco-pops!

I was told by a former crab friend that all ranks have to salute the holder of a VC regardless of the wearers rank. Is this true?