• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Victoria Cross Heros

Tonight (Sunday) Channel 5 2000hrs

The modern age:1 of 3

The Prince of Wales introduces a series telling the stories of VC holders from the past 150 yrs.
The first programme charts the history of the medal and features interviews with one of the oldest living recipients and the owner of the worlds largest collection of VC's

Our most recent appears in on of the three programmes.

Did anybody notice that just behind Charles there appeared to be a medal mounted to the Right of th VC, as if it took precedence? Something I twigged in the the first instance.

These stories are utterly humbling.

You know,it amazes me just watching it,just how much times have changed.The footage of the crowds outside Buck House,waiting to greet the Lads as they emerge from meeting the Boss,Them being treated like national heroes by the crowds.
Sadly,it's tw@s like Beckham who get that reception now.But these lads are more than just 'heroe's,These lads were preparred to lay down their own life for their mates.
Thank you Sirs.

Sir, c5's listings tonight are a breath of fresh air. I have no airborne connections but a bridge too far always hits the spot. One word quality.
VC's -excellent but why no coverage from mainstream channels

yater_spoon said:
Sir, c5's listings tonight are a breath of fresh air. I have no airborne connections but a bridge too far always hits the spot. One word quality.
VC's -excellent but why no coverage from mainstream channels
Simple.....Because C5 are trying (and winning!) to attract the more intellectual viewer whereas the 'mainstream' channels are trying (and winning ) the chav viewer who lives on a diet of 'reality' tv,burgers & alco-pops!

Latest Threads