Victor meldrew couple complain about noise at Alton Towers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/6486787.stm

these people should know the score when they brought their houses near Alton Towers, they spent silly money in legal costs which would have been spent on Triple Glazing or move elsewhere.

kin hell, how do you quieten down people on rides enjoying themselves, fireworks, concerts etc it is a non starter.

2. Yeah! but according to one of the linked BBC stories, the couple bought their house 10 years before the rollercoasters appeared. Alton Towers might have done better to compensate them.

3. This has been going on for years and the owners of Alton Towers appear to have tried everything to appease this pair, save for shuttingup shop completely.

This bloody couple just live their life to whinge. TW@TS

4. Lets just cut out the middleman, here's my wallet help yourself.

5. And that is the point as without knowing EXACTLY what Alton Towers offered them to start with or have done subsequently then I think we can only speculate.

6. Alto towers have done huge amounts of work building noise barriers and taking effective control measures since orderd to do so in 04 to ensure that noise pollution is not an issue for locals. If it was, then the local authority would take great pleasure in getting on their backs.

7. Thanks for that drain sniffer and I'm sure that while SOME are never satisfied or happy, their dream of a rural idyll has been somewhat shattered.

8. Yeah! but according to one of the linked BBC stories, the couple bought their house 10 years before the rollercoasters appeared. Alton Towers might have done better to compensate them.[/quote]
    ... yeah, big business trampling across little people

9. This couple were on local (Midlands) news a couple of years ago having won some sort of partial victory in court over Alton Towers,the news said they own a factory in Coventry (Or did at the time of the report) which , when checked, emitted much more noise into the local area than Alton Towers at it`s loudest! And yes there are houses much closer to their factory than they are to the park.
    Will have to check , however IIRC they moved to this house long AFTER Alton Towers was a major theme park.

10. I belong to a rural shooting club which has used the same range for about 100 years. There is only one house anywhere nearby, and the owners have agitated to force the club to restrict shooting to only one or two days per month. The owner of the house is...... a former secretary of the club, who bought the house whilst a member of the club...... NIMBY or what?!