• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Vickers MMG cloth ammo belts

Any ideas where one can get hold of a couple of ammo belts for use with .303" Vickers MMG? And what would they cost?

It's alright, I haven't gone Walt. There's a blerk in Sarf Effrica asking, presumably for "Home Defence" :D

Many thanks.

Themanwho said:
Any ideas where one can get hold of a couple of ammo belts for use with .303" Vickers MMG? And what would they cost?
Many thanks.
One on E-Bay in Canada; US$35 at the moment, 7 days to go.

Slightly off thread I know, I was always told as a youngster that the expression "the whole nine yards" comes from the length of a cloth Vickers belt. Anyone know if this is true?

foxs_marine said:
Slightly off thread I know, I was always told as a youngster that the expression "the whole nine yards" comes from the length of a cloth Vickers belt. Anyone know if this is true?
Counter suggestion: of USAAF/RAF origin, refering to the length of the belts stowed in wing panniers of aircraft. Firing off the entirety of one's ammunition would expend the "whole nine yards".

Latest Threads