VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Sparky2339, Dec 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

I've done a search on here regarding a VHS to DVD transfer question I asked yonks ago.

I was given good advice then and as I'm about to finally get around to doing the transfer I thought I'd use that thread rather than start a new one.

I can't find the thread so here goes;

I was looking at those video grab set ups available now (£29 - £40ish) and might give them a go. My laptop can't read/recognise analogue VHS machine nor camera so I'm hoping this will sort that out.

Before I go out and buy one, have any of you used them.

Bring back the old days when you could tape VHS to VHS by linking two machines together.

Hmmm, just a thought, has anyone tried using S-video cables etc and copying from VHS to recordable DVD player? Would that work? (Sounds too easy).

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

2. msr

msr LE

3. Thank You msr :D

4. If your VHS player has an S-cable output and your DVR has an S-cable input, it may be possible. Alternatively, you could just buy a new DVR with a VCR built in. Panasonic makes a few models and I'm sure there are others. Pop in the video tape you want to copy then pop in a blank DVD disk. Hit "record/transfer" VHS to DVD and Bob's your uncle. Nothing could be easier.