vetting

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by dante242, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Between my two careers army and justice (including a spell in the FCO) in total 35 years continuous service....I have been vetted PV, SC,CTC, DV etc, I retired in January this year and through an agency have applied to work for the local plod.......so far it has taken 2 months to undertake police vetting.....my question is why.....I am vetted already I can understand a quick PNC......but to do it again.......is there a way around this boll*cks...cheers :roll:

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Get in touch with DVA direct - have all your old details ready and presto!!! I had to do that when I left the Army and joined a defence related job.

3. It took me 4 months in similar circumstances.

4. Does happen unfortunately - I had a Met Police CTC done when which they insisted on doing even with my cent gov CTC

5. Plod likes to check it all themselves - even when going for internal vacancies within the force, you are checked again - it's a right pain in the arriss for them (and for us Managed Service Providers supporting them - temp staff are a no no for sick cover etc)

6. Thanks guys and how much does this cost Mr Plod.......