Vetting Paddies

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Thermo_Man, Feb 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there, I've just started applying to join the army and i have a question.

Does anyone know how long it takes to vet a bloke from the republic and is there any way of speeding it up?
    Also any advice on what to do in the mean time (apart from just playing with myself) would be much appreciated.

2. Expect up to nine months, thats what it used to be may be shorter now.
  3. Vetting should take 6-9 months. Speed it up by being honest with your answers and filling out the paperwork correctly and fully.

In the meantime - GET FIT!!
  4. All depends on what trade you're going into.
  5. Any where up to 9 months, although the process has just been reviewed and should take a lot less time
  6. took mine 8 months but that was 8 years ago so the system must have improved by now.

an asian recruit recently joined us and his only took 3 weeks. mind you that could be down to "special treatment" :roll:
  7. Firstly thanks for the relpys

Sadly i don't think i qualify as "Special" (some of my mates might argue that) So the general consensus is 6-9 months. Are these time frames you can plan your life around? Or should I keep on my toes as i could possibly (though it apears there are 2 chances of that) be successfuly vetted alot sooner?

Oh and im trying for the infantry.

Now thats definatly hi-lighted on my "To Do" List
  8. i believe systems have changed over the last 12 months so you can expect to be vetted sooner. keep checking at your unit and make sure they are chasing it up. if you are serious then camp out side their office every week until you get it. thats what i did eventually after numerous phone calls never getting anywhere i started going to the TAC and demanding to know what the feck was going on and threatening to go and join the navy :wink:
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. For first time vetting shouldn't take too long(2-3 months).
    Repeat vetting or SC clearance expect a bit longer.
    Too many agencies to go through these days to expect anything lightning fast.

Except if you've anything dubious in your genepool then expect to be cleared pronto, and pushed to the front of the recruitment pool a la local police enfarcement.
  11. Na, nothing like that. Most of them, i think, believe that an armalite is just a small armadillo. Thats good news. 90 days sure beats the hell out of 9 months! :D
    Ha ha. Like it :lol: Will take your advice on annoyin the sh*t out of my recruiter too. Hopefully i'll be wearing green in no time. inshalla
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Saying that might just extend your vetting period these days.
  13. Anything up to 6 months.
  14. It took those numpties a year to vet me. Probably because I had already been through developed vetting to some silly level as a result of the civvy job I had at the time (pseudo Foreign Officeish) and they didn't trust their own earlier judgment.
  15. Just out of curiousity, who does the vetting? Do MI5 put their top men on it around the clock, or is it a Pvt in the Int Corp doing a ring-a-around to check what i've written is true? Or is the whole thing just a complete mystery on par with where those missing socks go?