Veterans Rosette?

It's the phrase "after expenses" that worries me. Remember Geoffrey Archole's Kurdish 'charity'?

B

Biscuits_AB

I want a veteran's baseball cap, like the Spams. I can just see myself now, cutting about the ALDI with me titfer' on, reminding it's German owners who won the war and who saved them from becoming ALDISKI.

It's the phrase "after expenses" that worries me. Remember Geoffrey Archole's Kurdish 'charity'?
A very weasel phrase that can mean anything but probably best translated to "after we have skimmed off as much as we dare and probabaly a lot more than you would believe possible".

"Wanted, 1 million veterans"

I'll bet, at 5 quid a shot that 5 million, even if he/she/it gives half of that to the charities he/she/it is making a nice little earner out of it.

Thats all I will say about it.

'.....Flew to keep us safe during the Cold War'....?
I smell Crab.
You may well be right.

If you put your quote into context it refers to 2012 being the Diamond Jubilee of the Avro Vulcan and the 50p per badge goes to help keeping the last one airworthy. It goes on to mention you can opt out of it too.

So maybe not.

Veterans' badges are for bus drivers and Network Rail employees.

"Wanted, 1 million veterans"

I'll bet, at 5 quid a shot that 5 million, even if he/she/it gives half of that to the charities he/she/it is making a nice little earner out of it.

Thats all I will say about it.
Probably even be able to buy another shed. Think of it a yard with three sheds.

I honestly know nothing about their organisation but they seem to be collecting on behalf of other charities, would they have a charity number on their own?

Might be a legit excercise by J.Bloggs and his mate trying to start a good cause, the word Charity has VERY broad margins, at the very least I'd like to see it accredited by the Charities they claim to be collecting for.

Edit to add which companies do you know that don't have landline telephone No's?

The only people who are going to wear such an obscure little broach are those who hope somebody will ask them about it, giving them the opportunity to bore all within earshot about their 'distinguished service career'.

There's another current thread about a 'charity' that redistributes funds to Forces Charities, but I can't be arrsed to look for the link.

I'll donate to Charities directly, thanks. I don't need a middle-man with 2 sheds, or an unknown lapel pin.