Veteran's 'rights' - Your view

Veterans should be entitled to:

• Priority NHS treatment for life.

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Priority NHS treatment for service related injuries.

Votes: 104 86.0%
  • Free private medical treatment for service related injuries.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Priority access for children's school places.

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • Discounted mortgage rates for life.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • Tax free pensions.

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Priority access to Local Authority housing.

Votes: 59 48.8%
  • Discounted rent on Local Authority housing.

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Free annual private medical exams for physical and mental health.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • Guaranteed job interviews when applying for roles within the public sector.

Votes: 41 33.9%

• Total voters
You should win a free house if you have plunged a bayonet into an enemies chest or turned a terrorists head into a canoe.

If you are a homeless ex military type you should get a destitute medal to wear, a weekly resup of corrugated cardboard, permanent markers and a creative writing course

All else is bullshit

Right so far from the MOD paying for things that is there fault, they should pay because the press says so.

Im beginning to understand some of your earlier posts, youre all about the image rather than doing the right thing.
Yes. Doing the right thing is subjective though. In my OPINION all service personnel should be decent financial training as a roof and cheap food is a given. I still remember mates getting a NAAFI card on week one out of basic. By week 4 they were £2000 in debt.

Yes. Doing the right thing is subjective though. In my OPINION all service personnel should be decent financial training as a roof and cheap food is a given. I still remember mates getting a NAAFI card on week one out of basic. By week 4 they were £2000 in debt.
What has a roof and cheap food got to do with anything (Although some singlies live out and most pads dont get the cheap food)? Lots of civvies live with their mum and dad rent/eating either free or cheaply.

Your mates were fuckwits, they have them on civvie street as well.

Only on investments not on teaching people to look after their finances
Dont spend more than you earn.

Here endeth the lesson.

What has a roof and cheap food got to do with anything (Although some singlies live out and most pads dont get the cheap food)? Lots of civvies live with their mum and dad rent/eating either free or cheaply.

Your mates were fuckwits, they have them on civvie street as well.
If there's a problem it need fixing. If there isn't a problem it doesn't. I'm not fussed. One thing I am getting is that you are quite happy to ignore a problem as it isn't yours, not really good leadership that is it? Is financial savvy another prerequisite for your aryan troop?

If there's a problem it need fixing. If there isn't a problem it doesn't. I'm not fussed. One thing I am getting is that you are quite happy to ignore a problem as it isn't yours, not really good leadership that is it? Is financial savvy another prerequisite for your aryan troop?
If its a problem that the MOD didnt cause then the MOD doesnt need to fix it.

The MOD has enough of its own problems without having to sort out those that have **** all to do with them.

Absolutely, Churchill should never have been allowed to lead the country as he was always skint and borrowing money or explaining to his bank manager why his account was empty.
You probably haven’t noticed, but this is 2018, not the 1940s. And if you remember Churchill lost office twice because he wasn’t able to lead the Country effectively.

He only became PM initial through political manouevering, not because he was considered the best - far from it.

Even if it’s a problem that impacts recruiting?
This sounds like yet another excuse why recruiting is so bad, most young kids do not give a shit about about financial advice, they join the army to drive a tank or fire a gun or to look hard in a uniform.
Recruiting is bad because they read stories about soldiers being treated like cnuts, not because some smelly old wino who was kicked out in basic training is in the papers demanding the state give him free stuff.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Given the Armed Forces target 18 year olds in their recruiting campaigns I also feel a subsidized university education plan be offered to service personnel on leaving. Perhaps only 10% of personnel would take advantage of such a plan though it would be a good recruiting incentive.
Already exists Claiming Publicly - Funded FE/HE

WTF is the size of your house or that it’s paid off got to do with it?

Pontificating prick.
In that a thick twat of a ex squaddie like me can succeed if you put your mind to it, if you really want to, with no help from the military, or any government agency's. its called standing on your own two feet. Have a nice life.

In that a thick twat of a ex squaddie like me can succeed if you put your mind to it, if you really want to, with no help from the military, or any government agency's. its called standing on your own two feet. Have a nice life.
Yeah @dingerr you should try it! ;-)

Wow! Well done you for being the only ex squaddie to get a job and pay off your mortgage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Condor Charities and Welfare 4
D The NAAFI Bar 3
Zero_Over The NAAFI Bar 13