Veterans March against the Government

In all honesty this is first I’ve heard about it. Also you have to ask if such a march would actually achieve anything. I personally would like to think that the government would listen but I won’t hold my breath.

The march for the poor bloody infantry, will inevitably be hijacked by the far right and I honestly don't think parliament gives two hoots for anyone who served the nation, except to light candles and release a tear once a year for the fallen.

Fellow veterans, I ask a simple question, attached is a “Call to Arms” for veterans to march on Parliament and demand changes to prevent the up-surge in veterans being procecuted for carrying out their duty, as in Soldier F, I just want to know is this genuine and is anyone on here attending.
Oh do behave.

There are various memes flying all over FB but no central planning, suggestions range from a million soldiers march, letters to HM the Queen, posting NI GSMs to Downing Street and boycotting Remembrance Sunday.

Can't see any of the above achieving much to be honest.

As the gvmt is funding soldier F's legal fees and trying to stop this occurring again the march is not required.
All those accused of a crime have their legal fees covered. It’s required to ensure justice.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
The march for the poor bloody infantry, will inevitably be hijacked by the far right and I honestly don't think parliament gives two hoots for anyone who served the nation, except to light candles and release a tear once a year for the fallen.
When have they ever? I think it’s quaint that we think they care about us for more than a split second tbh

When have they ever? I think it’s quaint that we think they care about us for more than a split second tbh
A certain T.Atkins anyone?.. In this case, as javaguzzisti said, the government are a little trapped into aiding the pbi somewhat, one wonders about motivations and whether the soldier would be better off having his own legal team separate from the MOD and able to target them as well at the trial.

Maybe the march would be better directed to the offices of the sun newspaper or perhaps arron banks?

A certain T.Atkins anyone?.. In this case, as javaguzzisti said, the government are a little trapped into aiding the pbi somewhat, one wonders about motivations and whether the soldier would be better off having his own legal team separate from the MOD and able to target them as well at the trial.

Maybe the march would be better directed to the offices of the sun newspaper or perhaps arron banks?
You love being a victim, I bet you’re one of those with Pretend Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Soldiers should be safe to perform their duties, in line with the rules of engagement, their (legal) orders, mission, self defence and defence of their colleagues.

However - that does not give carte Blanche to do anything they want.

For example, former sergeant Blackman knowingly committing murder / war crimes and confessing on video.

As an aside, that call to March is from a group “forgotten veterans”, unfortunately veterans have been remembered by the wrong people

You love being a victim, I bet you’re one of those with Pretend Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Not me on trial, why make it about me ? touched a raw nerve have I :) The soldier in my opinion, would be far better getting funding from private sources and having a defence team willing to turn its fire on the MOD and put it on trial alongside the old veteran.

The march could be pitched to raise money for instance, rather than wasting time outside the parliament of nobodies.

Not me on trial, why make it about me ? touched a raw nerve have I :) The soldier in my opinion, would be far better getting funding from private sources and having a defence team willing to turn its fire on the MOD and put it on trial alongside the old veteran.

The march could be pitched to raise money for instance, rather than wasting time outside the parliament of nobodies.
Not at all, you seem to think soldiers are all saints and should be allowed to get away with anything, it’s rather an immature view.

The MoD will not be paying for his defence. It comes out of the Justice budget.

Not always true. If you have any savings you don’t qualify for legal aid. The Courts system can bankrupt you before it will provide a free lawyer!!
Are you getting confused with such things as family law?

Here's one especially over the top effort, it even manages to introduce Sgt Blackman into the mix and wrongly claims that he is serving life for putting a terrorist down. I despair at some of the shite that social media is spraying about.

55453632_2004958856297107_2454690795983208448_n.jpg