Veterans' Lottery

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Forgive me if this is a duplicate query, but I have searched and can't find anything.

Himself keeps getting publicity requests to join the Veterans' Lottery, at a rate of 'just £10 per month'. I have looked at their website and it all looks legit, as an organisation that sends funds to other charities, to help military folk and their families in need.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad? Bottom line - should I let him invest his pocket money?

Forgive me if this is a duplicate query, but I have searched and can't find anything.

Himself keeps getting publicity requests to join the Veterans' Lottery, at a rate of 'just £10 per month'. I have looked at their website and it all looks legit, as an organisation that sends funds to other charities, to help military folk and their families in need.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad? Bottom line - should I let him invest his pocket money?

First questions to ask is:- How much is the CEO's salary, what per cent of the total goes directly to help those in need, and is it being run by a third party on behalf of the military, or a branch of another affiliated charity? Charity's are big business, A multi millions pound concern, the majority are run as a business, with all the attached personal, costs, and office infrastructure required. END

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
First questions to ask is:- How much is the CEO's salary, what per cent of the total goes directly to help those in need, and is it being run by a third party on behalf of the military, or a branch of another affiliated charity? Charity's are big business, A multi millions pound concern, the majority are run as a business, with all the attached personal, costs, and office infrastructure required. END
Thank you.

Info about them here:

Looks fairly legit to my admittedly untrained eye.

Had a look at the Charity Commission website data:

Biggest takeaway from it is that they spent just under half of their income on income generation and Governance.

Two employees, who are not on large salaries at all.
1581953177552.png

1581953230139.png

1581953514267.png

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks for all that. Just spent some time on the Companies House Website and am quite impressed with the organisation the modern Major General has built up in a short time. I like the range of organisations they support., and the tiny salaries the two employees take.

We have dipped our toe in at the cost of a tenner a month. Less than our coffee and cake budget!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just give me your bank details and I will transfer it...
Aha! I can see your modus operandi now G_R. Make a seemingly innocent enquiry about a veterans charity, and then scam ARRSER's for their bank details!
I like it, PM me for details of VC's for Heroes, my new charity.

Aha! I can see your modus operandi now G_R. Make a seemingly innocent enquiry about a veterans charity, and then scam ARRSER's for their bank details!
I like it, PM me for details of VC's for Heroes, my new charity.
I was going to sue you for breach of trademarks as my new charitee is call 'VD & SCAR FOR HEROES LOTTERY',

£20 in cash to me per each weekly draw to be paid at the Clap Clinic Waiting Room, Milton Keynes University (?) Hospital, Standing Way, Milton Keynes between 1400 to 1600 every Thursday, whilst I am waiting for (em) my mate to have his weekly check up and results.

As part of the service I, oops, em my mate will be able to advise which local beauties are best to avoid. (That an all together different lottery!!!!!).

Latest Threads