Veterans for Britain

.........and your point would be? Are we still in the EU at the moment? Are British forces deployed under EU auspices? Trying to turn this into a Brexit point-scoring 'thing' just makes those taking umbrage look very, very petty

Que comments from the usual suspects.........
My point would be to make you cover your screen in bile-flavoured spittle.

I'm pleased to say it's working very nicely.

Here's David Banks the starter of that petition paying a fine in pennies. He looks like a hard case.

I'm pretty sure you can't pay fines in pennies any more. The law was changed I think during the poll tax protests to stop town halls having to sort out everyone loose change.

........like I say, the usual suspects trying to make cheap political points over an operational matter.....
Where as the useful suspect who can't find a western wife and so had to purchase one from the country with the highest rate of HIV in Europe, gets in his little snide comments about little Englanders when ever someone says something against the EU. A place where he doesn't even live.

I'm pretty sure you can't pay fines in pennies any more. The law was changed I think during the poll tax protests to stop town halls having to sort out everyone loose change.
You can pay in pennies, but this is where ‘legal tender’ comes along (for fines, debts etc)

When coins and notes changed recently the expiry of their legal tender didn’t mean the old one could not be used but that no one was required to accept those that are no longer legal tender and that it could be harder to bank them (that banks would stop exchanging them, or may require it to be paid into an account, or refuse after a further date and then you would need to go to the Bank of England etc

Pennies are treated as legal tender up to 20p
10p coins up to £5
Higher value coins up to £10

Legal tender - Wikipedia

It doesn’t seem that he made sure he got a receipt, but he did make some tactical edits on his payment video for the dramatic effect
Did one of the edits include when he picked it all up and paid properly ?

Christ! :omfg:

ETA: Sadly, that will become the norm after Brexit. :(
It's Irish ferry's, who are run from France. This is happening in the EU. I thought there were supposed to be EU laws about this kind of thing. I'm double outraged now. Just wait until the daily mail work out the impact this has on the price of immigrants house prices

1. The armed forces get deployed if our political masters think there's a requirement for it.

2. While we're part of the EU there's a logic to doing this in a joined up manner.

3. EUFOR have a requirement to wear a distinguishing patch. Not a bad idea in a place that has form for a whole bunch of militia wearing last year's Silverman's catalogue.

4. The big question is surely 'does leaving the EU automatically mean we leave common European defence arrangements?' A valid question. If we do, then obviously the badge comes off.

5. Arguing about it BACKWARDS - i.e. starting with the badge - is pointless and reveals this as a silly political stunt.

Coming soon: outraged farmer launches petition to stop politicians running through fields of cereal crops...

W P

LE
Oh, Christ, will this EU hysteria ever end? If it's an operation conducted as an EU operation, surely some easily-recognisable symbol identifying members of that force as members of that force is not worth objecting to, let alone worthy of such a petition. The UK is leaving the EU so it will be moot very soon anyway.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
A pointless petition, IIRC when I was a cold war warrior we all wore yellow handbags so we knew which side we were on (other drunken memories are available on request, your statutory rights are not affected.......I think).

Oh, Christ, will this EU hysteria ever end? If it's an operation conducted as an EU operation, surely some easily-recognisable symbol identifying members of that force as members of that force is not worth objecting to, let alone worthy of such a petition. The UK is leaving the EU so it will be moot very soon anyway.
may I suggest this

1. The armed forces get deployed if our political masters think there's a requirement for it.

2. While we're part of the EU there's a logic to doing this in a joined up manner.

3. EUFOR have a requirement to wear a distinguishing patch. Not a bad idea in a place that has form for a whole bunch of militia wearing last year's Silverman's catalogue.

4. The big question is surely 'does leaving the EU automatically mean we leave common European defence arrangements?' A valid question. If we do, then obviously the badge comes off.

5. Arguing about it BACKWARDS - i.e. starting with the badge - is pointless and reveals this as a silly political stunt.

Coming soon: outraged farmer launches petition to stop politicians running through fields of cereal crops...
Agree with all points however, I think you'll find Third Country Nationals (ie, those from nations not in the EU but providing troops for EU ops such as Althea) still wear the EU badge, because they are on an EU op under EU command. So, once the UK is no longer an EU member, but chooses to contribute troops to an EU op, as Third Country Nationals, UK troops would still wear the EU badge when deployed.

ETA: The link shows photos of Swiss non-EU troops on Op ALTHEA wearing the EUFOR badge.

‘We are here to get a feel for the place’

in the same way, as non-NATO troops in KFOR, they wear KFOR badges.

KFOR SWISSCOY

Doubtless, cue comments about point d'argent, point de suisse, and Article 5 outrage. The outrage bus has been stuttering on this one for a few weeks.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/the-emperor-mongs-pronouncements.72507/page-622#post-8785669

Last edited:
Agree with all points however, I think you'll find Third Country Nationals (ie, those from nations not in the EU but providing troops for EU ops such as Althea) still wear the EU badge, because they are on an EU op under EU command. So, once the UK is no longer an EU member, but chooses to contribute troops to an EU op, as Third Country Nationals, UK troops would still wear the EU badge when deployed.

ETA: The link shows photos of Swiss non-EU troops on Op ALTHEA wearing the EUFOR badge.
Fair enough. I think we're agreed that arguing about the badge is trivial...:)

D

Deleted 145301

This is not unlike the furore over blue passports

This is not unlike the furore over blue passports
"Furore"?

The only people who dribble on about it incessantly are the easily-triggered, weak-minded Remoaners.

Anyone would think they saw it on the side of a bus or something.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads