Veterans for Britain

I know we seem to live in a world where the outrage bus is fired up at the drop of a hat and folk start petitions almost on a whim...... however, here's one that you may be keen to support?

Ban the EU flag from British military uniforms!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/228702

Maple

LE
No, unless they feel the UN flag shouldn't be worn, or IFOR/KFOR/NATO etc -

Just little Enganders being Little Englanders

ugly

LE
Frankly I cant see how we have enough troops to deploy anywhere if the Capita figures are accurate!

No, unless they feel the UN flag shouldn't be worn, or IFOR/KFOR/NATO etc -

Just little Enganders being Little Englanders
Check you out equating the EU to either the UN or NATO.

Do you still want the little Englanders to help the third world shithole that the wife your bought hails from?

UN? Bit embarrassing poncing about with the emblem of that collection of arseclowns on your skiddies.

D

Deleted 60082

I know we seem to live in a world where the outrage bus is fired up at the drop of a hat and folk start petitions almost on a whim...... however, here's one that you may be keen to support?

God! I could smell the wee, cheap tobacco and stale beer when I read the poorly-worded petition. I bet the author is also pushing for the NDM...

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on, then, own up. Which Arrser started this petition?
Loads of suspects over on the mega-Brexit thread.

More British Troops To Be Sent To Bosnia
British contingent on Op Althea, a EUFOR Op. Having spoken with those about to go and who have been on it, I don’t recall anyone mentioning a ‘dislike’ or even a ‘like’ for wearing the EU flag normally as a Velcro patch on their uniform. In fact, to not wear it would have made them stand out from the others on the task.

Maple

LE
I don't recall a referendum over leaving the UN or NATO.

YSC.
.........and your point would be? Are we still in the EU at the moment? Are British forces deployed under EU auspices? Trying to turn this into a Brexit point-scoring 'thing' just makes those taking umbrage look very, very petty

Que comments from the usual suspects.........

MrMemory

War Hero
Come on, then, own up. Which Arrser started this petition?
Loads of suspects over on the mega-Brexit thread.
Here's David Banks the starter of that petition paying a fine in pennies. He looks like a hard case.

1: Are we still in the EU at the moment? 2: Are British forces deployed under EU auspices.
1: Yes. 2: Isn't that one of the aims of the EU? An EU Army?

I'm saving my outrage for important stuff, like getting served a 'pie' (beef and Guinness on a ferry to the ROI) which was blatantly some kind of casserole with a separate lid that was wasnt even cooked on the 'pie' it was all a fake constructed after cooking.
And I bet they used a microwave for some part of it.

Maple

LE
........like I say, the usual suspects trying to make cheap political points over an operational matter.....

If it helps:
  1. When deployed in NI in the early 00s (39 Bde AOR) you had to remove the UJ patch from the sleeve of your combat jacket in order not to antagonise the denizens of the Limestone Rd, etc!
  2. When deployed in Kosovo in 1999 we had to remove the little antifreeze/coolant sticker placed by Landrover on the windscreens of our TUMs/TULs because it looked like the Serb flag!
:)

I'm saving my outrage for important stuff, like getting served a 'pie' (beef and Guinness on a ferry to the ROI) which was blatantly some kind of casserole with a separate lid that was wasnt even cooked on the 'pie' it was all a fake constructed after cooking.
Christ! :omfg:

ETA: Sadly, that will become the norm after Brexit. :(

Last edited:
You need to take that to the ECHR.

Quickly!

........like I say, the usual suspects trying to make cheap political points over an operational matter.....
It's not an operational matter though. Is it?
Operational matters are worked out at a high military level.
However, such things as; who authorises, and under whose authority, such military actions are conducted in the first place, is taken at the very top of the political food chain, and at an international level.

verticalgyro

MIA
DirtyBAT
.........and your point would be? Are we still in the EU at the moment? Are British forces deployed under EU auspices? Trying to turn this into a Brexit point-scoring 'thing' just makes those taking umbrage look very, very petty

Que comments from the usual suspects.........
que.jpg

Habla Inglés?

Latest Threads