Veterans daughter guilty of assault.

BBC.CO.UK NEWS

The daughter of a World War II pilot has been convicted of common assault on a teenager she thought was vandalising a war memorial near her home.

Julie Lake, 50, grabbed the 15-year-old boy near a remembrance cross in Mangotsfield, South Gloucestershire.

Lake was given a 12-month conditional discharge with £400 costs after she was also found guilty of criminal damage to a bike in December 2007.

The local Royal British Legion gave her a guard of honour at the trial's start.

She was represented by the lawyer Nick Freeman, who is known as "Mr Loophole" and is famous for defending celebrities on driving charges.

Mr Freeman said that he wanted to act for Ms Lake on a point of principle and that he expected no payment from her.
Reading it it sounds like she (Mrs Luke) was stitched up by the boys who made sure their story was straight.And the little darlings gave their evidence by 'video link'! When I was a kid any thought of breaking the law scared the living shit out of me!
Opinions chaps?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
The fact that she got a guard of honour from the legion at the start of the trial is good enough for me. She was stitched up good and proper.

Biped said:
The fact that she got a guard of honour from the legion at the start of the trial is good enough for me. She was stitched up good and proper.
Yep, I agree.

Typical BBC story. Unsurprisingly they left out a few facts:

Before her arrest, Mrs Lake said she had become frustrated by youths vandalising the garden in Mangotsfield, Bristol.

'I've called the police and I've tried to talk to these kids but I've got nowhere.

The trial - estimated to have cost taxpayers more than £100,000 - earlier heard how Mrs Lake was surrounded by up to 25 jeering youths by the memorial at the end of last year.

She told how the gang surrounded her, pushed her and shouted: 'You can't touch us, we're 15, we can do what the f*** we like.'
Daughter of WWII pilot convicted of assault after reprimanding teenager who 'vandalised war memorial'

Says a lot for todays yoof! :evil:

She told how the gang surrounded her, pushed her and shouted: 'You can't touch us, we're 15, we can do what the f*** we like.'

When the 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was questioned in court about the war memorial, he replied: ''It means nothing to me, I guess it's for some people who died in the war.'

Hopefully the 'costs' she has been charges will be paid for by some kind soul.

'You confronted the child with no plan in mind. The throwing of a bike into the road shows a complete loss of self-control, not the actions of someone executing a citizen's arrest.'
How the hell could you conduct a citizens arrest ot 15-20 scrotes :?

So let me get this right..... Had she shown control it would be premeditated :roll:

The message this sends out to the yooooofs is we can do what the fcuk we want and you can't do fcuk all about it :x

Whiskey_60 said:
It's a shame we couldnt organise a whip around to pay the £400 for her.

Either that or smash the little cnuts heads in with a brick...
Good Idea, Whiskey. I, for one, would certainly make a small donation to both causes!

Once again it's apparent that those who administer the law have set themselves against the decent people of this country.
The 25 jeering feral youths need culling.

Ive got 25 quid I won on the Euro final going spare to start the ball rolling.

Oh and next door have just knocked an outhouse so about 3 ton of bricks to start off with aswell.

This sounds a valid argument. I do remember a similar incident in the past where good/bad? CO arranged a whip round to pay court costs. It is just a matter of lending a bit of support really. Would happily donate a tenner. Anyone able to organise it?

I don’t get this, if 25 people surround you and you feel even the slightest bit threatened you are allowed to throw the first blow and call it self defence.

Why is some little scrotes work (or 25 little droning voices) worth more than the word of a concerned citizen?

Magistrates heard four youngsters had deliberately ridden their bikes through newly-laid pansies at the memorial, which had been the target for vandals for several months, before yelling at Mrs Lake to provoke her.
The court heard a group of jeering youngsters gathered round her, threatening to kill her dog and shoot her husband before she struck out.
This woman is now a known criminal. Who is going to protect or defend her?
Paying her fine merely rewards the court for their insanity and neglect of duty.

******* Disgusting, But bloody typical of the British Justice System.

In a statement, the mother of one of the boys said: "Her actions have effectively driven a divide between innocent well-mannered young people and the Royal British Legion who they look up to and respect.
Innocent and well-mannered my arrse, If they was innocent the incident wouldn't of taken place. Well-mannered? If you call surrounding and attempting to intimidate a woman well-mannered. As for looking upto and respecting the Royal British Legion - If that was true, The little scrotes wouldn't be vandalizing the war memorial. Nor would they of said:

When the 15-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was questioned in court about the war memorial, he replied: ''It means nothing to me, I guess it's for some people who died in the war.'
Typical Chav-scum parents, Who can't take responsibility or accept that their "little darlings" are infact a drain on society and should be culled.

I take it no action was taken against the kids for vandalizing the war memorial?

Everyone is acting so surprised by this. It's as simple as ACB, Im mean ABC. Judge has a choice, sort out one 50 year old upstanding female citizen (easy) or deal with 25 baby scrotums (and their families, "Yoov got rights ya know sun") which is (not easy). When the gold course calls we know what the ansewer will be.

Who is the judge? Name and shame him (or her). Start a local campaign to ensure they come under local pressure for making an idiotic decision - no more invitations to dinners etc.

This reinforces the lesson evident in such cases - you can expect no favours for being an honest civic-minded respectable citizen and actually co-operating with the law.

The 25 chavs need to be sentenced to lessons on WW2 and WW1 (and any other wars that the cenotaph may represent). They will learn what the day of rememberence is about. They will talk to veterans of the various wars, and finally be sent to Iraq and Afghanistan to see it all first hand.

Then the "judge" (so called) will ask again about the Cenotaph, the chav scroat will answer a full and descriptive tale of what the cenotaph is for and why it is there.

Not a punishment, but certainly a social experiment.

Better than the experiments I would like to carry out on the scroats.

Judges should be voted in by the people. If they are sh1t voted out. Then we get the sentances that society wants and little sh1ts like these "yoofs" deserve.

Why not help her out with the £400? Okay maybe it is rewarding the courts, but its her who is out of pocket, why should she be the victim twice??? Why should she think,well why did i bother, ill put in £25 if anyone knows how to contact her.

Local RBL?

Is it possible to set up a fund? IT is the CO´s site after all.

I like this quote
8quote9Quote:
In a statement, the mother of one of the boys said: "Her actions have effectively driven a divide between innocent well-mannered young people and the Royal British Legion who they look up to and respect.[/quote]

Puts it in to perspective, esp seeing as the lads don´t have a fcuking clue what the cenotaph is for, nor were they given a guard of honour by the RBL.