"VETERANS COUNCIL" - ANOTHER SCAM CHARITY?

chimera

LE
The good Dr Alex May has his teeth into this charity:

military charities | Dr Alex May

The Veterans Council that appeared a few years back, which to quote its own web site, was funded with £495,000 from the LIBOR fines. Not easy to see what it actually did as it has only ever posted one set of acconts, which show very little activity, other than paying over £54000 in salaries to what appears to be only two employees (who seem to share the same surname)

Charity overview

The good Dr Alex May has his teeth into this charity:

The Veterans Council that appeared a few years back, which to quote its own web site, was funded with £495,000 from the LIBOR fines. Not easy to see what it actually did as it has only ever posted one set of acconts, which show very little activity, other than paying over £54000 in salaries to what appears to be only two employees (who seem to share the same surname)

Charity overview
I like Dr May's comment:

The regulator continually bangs on about how charities must be must be open, transparent and accountable. It’s right, of course. What a pity, then, the commission again fails to practise what it preaches (for another recent example, see 22 June 2018 post).

Charity Details Charity no. 1159215 .

Why don’t the charities commission just employ Dr May? They could all go for G&Ts whilst everything gets sorted.

A Primary 5 School pupil could knock that website up in an afternoon.
What I noted is the clear absence of highly visible & check-worthy activity,support sponsors...or much else.
Odd. I'm sure there is a good explanation.
It is connected to one or more trading subsidiaries...so that may provide useful cash-flow dot joining.

chimera

LE
Last edited: