VETERANS BADGE????

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by yamkwak, May 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ignore didn't bother reading the site properly, tooo much Hoegarden!!! To the hole please mods.. :oops:

Cancel that as its caused such discussion carry on---

Anyone got any info on these? Wouldn't mind the badge for my collection but I don't fancy sending some unknown civvy? my personal details and service history...Any clues?

http://www.veterans-uk.info/vets_badge/vets_badge.htm

Although I'm still a cnut... :lol:

2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

You are a Veteran or you aren't.
    You are entitled or you aren't.
    You are a Journalist or you aren't.
    You are a Walt or you aren't.

Discuss ....

3. Is this a Wah ? you have all the details. Send of the required info they check it you get badge or don't if you're a walt.

The clue about the badge is in what it's called "VETERANS" not "Airsoft Walterans" or LOF or chav willyhead.

4. ok lets discuss.............................................................................................did you cut and paste, just inserting 'entitled' 'journalist' and 'walt' on each successive paste, or did you type it all out in a one-er?

5. blue-sophist

Actually, I typed each line individually. It's often quicker :wink:

BTW, I've got mine. And it's not for sale either!

6. blue-sophist

Having read yamkwak's edit ...

You are a cnut or you aren't ...

7. Got mine too, only took 10 days !!!!!!

8. blue-sophist

Give you a fiver ... then I can sell it to the Slime for [£100?]

9. Yes mate i am a great big cnut, for having a beer and not reading the site properly as I didn't 'join up' until 1987, so I aint entitled to one, so yes IAM A CNUT----happy now? :wink:

10. Mine disappeared in the vortex that is my parents house, so (around about November) I decided I would see if I could replace it by buying one - there were loads about, but each time they went for about 40quid on ebay!

11. Hang on I may have missed something - but I'm sure everyone leaving the service gets one now?

12. After looking at the link, it looks like I'm a cnut too - must be a different badge I was given? (which was included with a crappy photocopied "thanks for turning up" letter from Gen. Jackson

13. "Please note, that Veterans who served in Armed Forces of other Countries and those who served alongside HM Armed Forces are not eligible. Examples of these are Canadian Navy or Royal Australian Air Force etc"

I was thinking of the old boy who lived downstairs from me, but I suppose the Dirlewanger Battalion of the Waffen SS is right out then?

14. What's this all about? The link doesn't seem to work.

Edited - OK so I make mongs look good. Got it and I qualify. Whoo Hoo, a badge!!!!!

15. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator