Veterans Badge

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Ventress, Oct 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I read recently left soldiers are receiving this. My old man who served 3 years in Burma, 1942-45 has his.

Are the MoD issueing to recently retired duffers like me?

2. Yep, if you have 5 years service plus and you are discharged after 01 Feb 05.

3. If you look on the Veteran's Agency web site, you will find that you have had to serve before 1959 to receive the badge

4. I got mine having left in july 06 (20 yrs) wear it on my new McDonalds uniform with all of my medals and my 1 star for cleaning the bogs,would you like fries with that sir?

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

What happens if you left in 2003?

6. You have to be discharged after the qualification dates 01 Feb 05 to be eligiable and you have to have 5 years reconable service upon discharge, the Government are looking at changing the criterea for eligiability to include all service leavers, oh, and you can't get one if you have been discharged for disciplinary reasons, drugs etc and if you are Medicaly Discharged you get one regardless of time served.

7. Oh yeh, Codger, it's not been published on the Veterans Agency site, the Veterans Agency are only dealing with the issue of badges for the old boys who served up until 1959, Discharges at the Army Personnel deal with the issue of badges to guys discharged after Feb 2005 who fill the eligiablilty criterea.

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

So between 1959 and 2005, you aren't classed as a Veteran then? (Regardless of time served?)

9. who do we complain to?

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The Veterans Agency by the look of things!!

11. Between 1959 and 2005 eligiability has yet to be decided, I am led to believe that it's on the cards, however, the Veterans Agency dont decide the Policy for eligiability, they just implement it, Policy comes from MOD.

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

MoD- No badge for us then!!

13. http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/vets_badge/vets_badge.htm

just phoned them....

You must have enlisted prior to 1960.

Med discharges, ugly birds and mad hatters do not receive it at present but it is under review.... call them yourselfs - thats the gospel at present! (I must have too much time on my hands)!

14. ...its an ugly thing to look at. I'd rather wear the badge of my parent unit or that of the RBL.

15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

There again I have seen blazers with Veterans Badge, RBL Badge & Regt Assn Badge (sometimes more then one of these) add medals & it not surprising some old boys slump over to the left.