Veterans and the NHS

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AMINESK, Aug 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All Veterans have now been given priority treatment with the NHS? However my surgery is still asleep they think that 'priority' means 'probably' in civilian speak.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Vererans and the NHS.... my experience is they are naturally exclusive.
  3. My surgery knew noting about war pensioners getting free prescriptions (for related treatment)
  4. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Veterans have been given priority if the condition for which you await surgery is related to military service. Merely having an army number does not mean that a veteran gets priority. If its military related then get a letter from Norcross saying so and take it to the consultant. They will happily review the status on the waiting list.
  5. Oh cool but if you'd used the search function...
  6. Yes they are also probably naturally unhelpful!
  7. What do you want? It's all to be paid for and many others may have more urgent need.
    All done before times many anyway.
  8. Yes you do get priority treatment unless there is more urgent cases (which there will be). Its a token gesture and not really worth the paper its written on. But if you're worried about time phone spva up and ask if they will pay for your treatment and get it done privately, good luck with that.:rolleyes:

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1