veterans agency is a joke

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by l/cpl_blowhard, May 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just take a look at veterans facilities in nz , ozz, usa, canada , then look at what we have for our veterans :D

2. I left the Army with a fractured tooth, because the dentist said there would not be enough time to fix it!!! Eight months later it is still cracked as I am unable to register with a dentist, due to there not being any taking NHS patients, to get it fixed!!!

3. The title of this thread is misleading. The VA are extremely helpfull and cannot be blamed for the failings of successive UK governments!

4. [/quote]

The title of this thread is misleading. The VA are extremely helpfull and cannot be blamed for the failings of successive UK governments![/quote]

Totally agree, I have had excelent service from the VA and for a little more than a chipped tooth.

They have been fantastic and have dealt with all my queries in a timely and effective manner.

This included upping my Pension from 50% to 100% without being asked and backdating that for 3 years.

All bills relating to my service injuries are paid by the VA, this includes private cover in SA.

I have posted elsewhere about concerns regarding Charities, they all do a fantastic job but it would seem that modern veterans have different expectations

5. 8 months ??? try 6 years, I have had to go emergancy dental sick and private in that time, what winds me up more is that its a real lottery, mate of mine moved into the area after moving in with his new girlfriend (now wife) and went straight on the books of his partners clinic as they had a policy of taking "relatives" however try and get into my wife and childrens, forget it.

Edited to say : Just noticed that this ia a bit off topic, haven't had any dealings with the VA but have always found the RBL helpful albeit limited

6. </p>
    I have found VA (War Pensions) exceedingly helpful, same as bokkatankie, except I'm not quite up to 100% yet (50% and under review). Local (ish) War Pensions Welfare Service (look in your local phone book) are also useful.

edited to add: ... as to lobster he could get his tooth problem sorted at most pubs any weekend - or at least have some enjoyable anaesthetic. ;-)