Veterans Advisory Board survey - please share

I take it Harry that's a no!
Surveys are all well and good, if something is seen to be actioned or recognised.
Historian perspectives are pointless, its what's happening here and now and how things can be improved.
In a number of cases resettlement plans are put in place from day 1 of joining, I know SNCOs/Officers that have engineered their last postings to settle, resettle and have their exit plan very well worked out that they can walk out of the gate into a job.
However for Jocks, or NCOs in front line jobs doing punchy/niche jobs will I am sure find resettlement hard, as in some cases the unit is reluctant to let them go till the clock strikes the exit hour.
In one, and your points about transition support are well-founded. But while we are 'encouraged' to get involved in local authorities, health and social-care, employers, we're not encouraged to highlight The Emperor's choice of attire....

Mosquito

Clanker
wot he said...
I spoke to the commanding officer of an infantry battalion the other day. I asked him what the guys received for their resettlement/discharge. His response was, "Erm, discharge, there's a company that deals with that, something like CTIP, don't know much beyond that really. The resettlement officer deals with it all. Sorry." I was astonished not only by his lack of knowledge but his lack of care for those who are leaving his unit.

I spoke to the commanding officer of an infantry battalion the other day. I asked him what the guys received for their resettlement/discharge. His response was, "Erm, discharge, there's a company that deals with that, something like CTIP, don't know much beyond that really. The resettlement officer deals with it all. Sorry." I was astonished not only by his lack of knowledge but his lack of care for those who are leaving his unit.
Sadly exactly what my son encountered. There are more enlightened ones, but units under recruitment and retention pressure react in a more possessive nature. As in lets discuss this later!

Memory jog:-

Dont be. Coming back from Norway, we docked at matchwood, we two were attached to the AMF, and during our stint, were treated just the same as their lads, that was until we disembarked, and told to make our own way back to BLC 10 sigs in london, no help at all from the grown ups, not even a lift to the railway station. They had wiped their hands of us. Didn't want to know. No travel warrants, we paid our own way back. 1974.

Latest Threads