Veterans Advisory Board survey - please share

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

(From an email) David Richmond, who is the Government's independent advisor on veterans, has asked me if I would share with veterans a link to a survey that will enable them look after our people even better.

The influential Veterans Advisory Board (VAB) is trying to get feedback from veterans of the UK armed forces via a relatively informal survey which asks the respondents to provide free text answers to a number of areas of their transition and ongoing lives.

They are hoping to reach a good cross section of veterans including those we may not normally hear from and are hoping that the responses will give the VAB a clear view of what their priorities should be and why. The survey is at this link:​

https://forms.gle/XZT1ehecoTs2ib4u9

They are asking for responses to be completed by 5 May.

I hope that if you are a veteran you are excited to take part and have your voice heard.​

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Done.
Would point out that the resettlement service in the 80s, in comparison to todays offering was like comparing apples to pears!

As a PQO there was absolutely no resettlement service.

@Fang_Farrier,
Do you mean that as a PQO leaving the Service, you were not entitled to Resettlement or was it that the Resettlement service you were entitled to did not cater to the requirements of a PQO transitioning to civilian life?

(From an email) David Richmond, who is the Government's independent advisor on veterans, has asked me if I would share with veterans a link to a survey that will enable them look after our people even better.

The influential Veterans Advisory Board (VAB) is trying to get feedback from veterans of the UK armed forces via a relatively informal survey which asks the respondents to provide free text answers to a number of areas of their transition and ongoing lives.​

They are hoping to reach a good cross section of veterans including those we may not normally hear from and are hoping that the responses will give the VAB a clear view of what their priorities should be and why. The survey is at this link:​

https://forms.gle/XZT1ehecoTs2ib4u9

They are asking for responses to be completed by 5 May.​

I hope that if you are a veteran you are excited to take part and have your voice heard.​

Done but he needs to lose the SpamSpeak.

I'm not at all excited and I'm not to proud to sponsor anything.

Done.

Done, although I feel I may have got a little ranty!

Sadly I bottled on that bit.
I got 'career advice' from two old buffers in Fitzroy Place Glasgow offering me and my wife the opportunity to look after - as caretaker and gopher a stately home in the Highlands. I was only 25 FFS!

Done.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Fang_Farrier,
Do you mean that as a PQO leaving the Service, you were not entitled to Resettlement or was it that the Resettlement service you were entitled to did not cater to the requirements of a PQO transitioning to civilian life?

Option 3. No mention or offer of resettlement was ever made, as such am not sure if I was entitled or not.

Perhaps it was assumed that by virtue of my degree I would be employable.
But I could have done with much better financial advice.
I was still in when it was possible to commute one's pension and take it as a lump sum on leaving.
Had no guidance on that at all, just a phone call asking me what I wanted to do.

As David knows, there are 13 Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committees in the UK. Has he asked us for our perspective on how HIS efforts have been received among the veteran cohort to date?

As David knows, there are 13 Veterans Advisory and Pensions Committees in the UK. Has he asked us for our perspective on how HIS efforts have been received among the veteran cohort to date?
I take it Harry that's a no!
Surveys are all well and good, if something is seen to be actioned or recognised.
Historian perspectives are pointless, its what's happening here and now and how things can be improved.
In a number of cases resettlement plans are put in place from day 1 of joining, I know SNCOs/Officers that have engineered their last postings to settle, resettle and have their exit plan very well worked out that they can walk out of the gate into a job.
However for Jocks, or NCOs in front line jobs doing punchy/niche jobs will I am sure find resettlement hard, as in some cases the unit is reluctant to let them go till the clock strikes the exit hour.

Latest Threads