Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veteran with PTSD who served in Afghanistan faces deportation to Jamaica

Indeed.

4 SCOTS done H14 spring/ summer 2011 and H19 winter 2013/ spring 2014. Battalion was split between H8 and a Telic prior to H14 ~3 years before that.
Including basic and inf training

Indeed.

4 SCOTS done H14 spring/ summer 2011 and H19 winter 2013/ spring 2014. Battalion was split between H8 and a Telic prior to H14 ~3 years before that.
All of them or a company?

Doable. I started basic inf training Nov '10, was a BCR for H14 and deployed H19/20 (finishing July '14). Jock Div lads that started basic training summer/ autumn '10 done a full H14 and H19 if they went 4SCOTS.
He wasn't to be trusted

Totally.

So as demonstrated, even numerous line infantry types managed basic training and 2 full tours within 4 years if they started at the right time, not just SF and interpreters :smile:

Totally.

So as demonstrated, even numerous line infantry types managed basic training and 2 full tours within 4 years if they started at the right time, not just SF and interpreters :smile:
I fooking doubt it Foresters did not do two tours in 3 and a half years
Not one military friend on FB
I rest my case

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I fooking doubt it Foresters did not do two tours in 3 and a half years
Not one military friend on FB
I rest my case

they did Herrick 1 Oct 2004 to September 2004

and Herrick 6 April 07 to Oct 07
it's possible that he did both if he were out of training in time and left after at least starting herrick 6

he could be a fibbing little tinker. I understand such things have happened before.

Personally I barely care

I understand that it's hard to accept that someone who's a little bit stabby has accrued more time in hot dry places doing warry stuff than most on this forum (including my mediocre self), but war 'eros such as the chap identified in the OP can't all be saintly individuals :smile:

they did Herrick 1 Oct 2004 to September 2004

and Herrick 6 April 07 to Oct 07
it's possible that he did both if he were out of training in time and left after at least starting herrick 6

he could be a fibbing little tinker. I understand such things have happened before.

Personally I barely care
He came to the UK in 2003 so unlikely

And he is calling on the Home Office to consider his four years’ service for Queen and Country before booting him out.

5 years to get a passport. ie serve 4 years and 1 day and sign off every commonwealth knows this.
He also claiming two tours in four years...must have been a translator or A Them

I believe a relative did H9 and H13, so it's not impossible.

Might not be likely though.

I must admit, that made me laugh! How many foreign, criminal scum remain in this country after serving custodial sentences, due to their “Human rights”?
It seems our Foreign Office chooses easy wins and totally ignores the obvious elephant in the room (East European drug and people traffickers for a start).
As for the subject of the thread - I’m torn. Anyone know what cap badge he was? Did he serve inside the wire or were his two tours at the sharp end?
Deportations are the province of the Home Office, not the Foreign Office.

Latest Threads