Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veteran with PTSD who served in Afghanistan faces deportation to Jamaica

Yes, he lingers around like a bad smell you can't escape, seeking to stalk your every waking moment on ARRSE... because as the name suggests being a widow, he's got f**k all better to do, I think but don't quote me on this it's the 11th time he's obviously been divorced
I used that ignore thingy, works for me

Yes, he lingers around like a bad smell you can't escape, seeking to stalk your every waking moment on ARRSE... because as the name suggests being a widow, he's got f**k all better to do, I think but don't quote me on this it's the 11th time he's obviously been divorced

Hahahaha - showing your lack of knowledge there Walter!

Point of order - I don’t come on this site very often. There are better things to do than argue with mouth breathers.

Just log on when I’m bored at an airport or something - get some bitey mongs all blubbery and snotty - it’s always the same people (the terminally obese @Oddbod @chuggafugga etc.) Then get back to actual life.

Hahahaha - showing your lack of knowledge there Walter!

Point of order - I don’t come on this site very often. There are better things to do than argue with mouth breathers.

Just log on when I’m bored at an airport or something - get some bitey mongs all blubbery and snotty - it’s always the same people (the terminally obese @Oddbod @chuggafugga etc.) Then get back to actual life.
So you fully admit to being a troll.

We’re in current affairs, let’s get on with the thread topic.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Some do but I think there is also a feeling that if somebody has made (willingly or unwillingly) a bit of a sacrifice, something that I think you know quite a bit about, then they ought to get a bit more help than the average citizen.

How would you have felt if they had said "yeah sorry about that arms and legs thing, might as well book a GP's appointment and see what they can do, bye"
I suspect that you may have been dealt with in a slightly higher priority fashion and rightly so, you earned it.

Those things are in position already, or so I believe. War pensioners and ex POWs go to the front of the Queue, Ask the British Legion for details. I know we don't have too many ex pows lately, but my father -in -Law, was ex POW and he got good early treatment and was at the front of the queue for his med appointments.

Regarding the Hero stuff, I find that quite embarrassing and a load of rubbish! It was David Lloyd George's left wing shite from the 1930s. ('ome's for ero's) many of the 'eros who got the homes had been nowhere near the front line!

Sign up for the military, do your duty, do your very best, then finally leave the service, and feel privileged for having done the job!

Last edited:

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Last edited:
She had asked to be sectioned as she believed she'd actually get some help - after a few weeks (and only the one suicide attempt on the ward with a razor) she was released due to them being 'unable to cope' with her 'complex medical issues'
it became very complicated after her that, with her mental decline, poisoning (most probably from tainted prescribed medication) leading to brain damage and near fatal coma and thanks to the poisoning the hospital trying to have her mother arrested, several years later she's learning to walk again.

That’s a very sad story and I hope she regains her mobility. It doesn’t alter the fact that you won’t be sectioned because you ask to be. The criteria are extremely tight and rigorously applied. You have to be either a risk to yourself or someone else at the time of assessment AND suffering from a mental illness that can be treated.

I think you can only be born with it.
Unless you can catch it like some kind of disease. Nope.
I do get that some may not show symptoms from early years but, you are born with it. It's in the hard-wiring which is from the mix of genes.

There’s no known genetic link and you aren’t born with it. It can be brought on by a variety of stressful events, or something that just develops at some point and for reasons that science doesn’t yet understand. There is no genetic link at this point, in fact there aren’t any mental illnesses that have any defined genetic link, save some interesting research into schizophrenia in heterogeneous and homogeneous twins.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
That’s a very sad story and I hope she regains her mobility. It doesn’t alter the fact that you won’t be sectioned because you ask to be. The criteria are extremely tight and rigorously applied. You have to be either a risk to yourself or someone else at the time of assessment AND suffering from a mental illness that can be treated.

I wasnt saying you'll get sectioned for asking, simply pointing out that services vary and round here they are shockingly poor, Sectioning being used as a threat for non compliant patients wasn't the only thing I disagreed with, however I'm not going to go into that here
Like many services it seems to be luck, or a postcode, as to what you end up getting

I wasnt saying you'll get sectioned for asking, simply pointing out that services vary and round here they are shockingly poor, Sectioning being used as a threat for non compliant patients wasn't the only thing I disagreed with, however I'm not going to go into that here
Like many services it seems to be luck, or a postcode, as to what you end up getting

I’d agree completely with all of that.

It seem's it's not his day today...

23 Jan 2019 —

Dear Supporter

Twane has been detained today at the Solihull reporting centre. This is a disgrace. Twane is complying with all Home Office requirements.

His lawyers Rogols have written to the Home Office to complain and call for his release and have also explaining that his MP. Preet Gill has made outstanding submissions directly for the Home Secretary and therefore his removal is not imminent and as he has not breached his reporting
conditions he should be released.

This is an even more worrying development because we know that there is a planned secret charter flight mass deportation to Jamaica soon. We know that a woman detained in Yarlswood has been issued papers for it. It is absolutely disgusting given the Windrush scandal and with campaigners calling on the Home Office to stop these secret deportation flights that they have gone ahead and organised one.

We are requesting that you take urgent actiin to complain, here are some things you can do.

Telephone the Home Office press office; 020 7035 3535.

Complain to;

Leader: Carol Scarr

Immigration Enforcement
Sandford House
41 Homer Road
Solihull
B91 3QJ

Phone: 0121 713 3171

Email; public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Tweet;

@sajidjavid @ukhomeoffice

Use the hashtags

#twanemuststay #twanemorgan

Suggested tweet;

@sajidjavid @ukhomeoffice release former British Army soldier #twanemorgan from detention #twanemuststay.

Include a link to the petition or this update.

Please take urgent action.

Thanks

Latest Threads