Veteran republican dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by western, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No tears here I guess:

Veteran republican Martin Meehan has died, aged 62.
    It is believed he suffered a heart attack at home on Saturday morning.

Mr Meehan, a major figure in the IRA in the Ardoyne area of north Belfast during the Troubles, was a Sinn Fein councillor in Antrim.
  2. Satan will be preparing a welcome party.

Long may he rot ....
  3. quote from Gerry Kelly

"He gave his whole life to serve both his ideals in republicanism and also the people."

No mention of the lives he took in "serving his ideals"

Rot In Pieces.
  4. best place for him and the rest of his crew.

said in the local rag this morning that he had recently discovered that his grandfather had fought in the british army although i cant remember what theatre/campaign it mentioned.
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Good riddence to the scum.The'll not be many mourning that murderrer.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Heart attack? Too quick; shame.
  7. HaHaHaHa.
  8. I hope he is forgotten about, how can people like him be a MLA. That is politics for you!
  9. I hope that that the devils trident is really blunt for when he sticks it up his ass :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  10. My Bolding.

Never heard of him.

TBH. I have never had much interest in republicans. I could sympathise (a bit) with republican aspirations but their methods completely had me switch-off to their arguments.
  11. Murdering twat who was believed to be one of the trigger men, when the 3 jocks were murdered. Maybe its the time when you were there, but he was certainly a big player in the 70s along with the other twats.
  12. Its not as far-fetched as you may think. Many, many Irishmen who advocated Home Rule joined the British Army during WW1, believing that on the conclusion of the War the Home Rule Bill would take effect. Meeehans Grandfather could well have been one of them.

Still, I hope the murdering cunt gets what he deserves in the next life.
  13. Now i can go to bed a happy man :twisted:
  14. didnt he do a docmentary with some soldier who nearly killed him in a bar when they went to arrest him.