• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Veteran Help Wanted.

Right,currently have a 89 year old WW2 Royal Naval veteran, rotting in Hospital in Trafford,Manchester. He is suffering from Cancer,and as he has no money his family do not want to know or care. Is in Hospital due to a fire in his house,and no one (social services) gives a toss.

Next door neighbour goes daily to help,usual stuff dress him,make sure he isnt sitting in his own filth,as he has been. However i need to know,who can i contact is it better for SSAFA or RBL? Anyone from these in the Manchester area on Arrse,JD can you help.

Any RN charities. Im not happy the way he has been left,and the fact a neighbour does more than Social services annoys me more.

Serious answers please,as im getting rather peed off with lack of help from those i pay taxes for,so time for Forces help.
cheers Scar

SSAFA no. here. Give 'em a ring. They deal with RBL all the time and so will give the job to the right person.

Trafford - 0161 223 1133 with ansaphone
Office Hours: Tue & Thurs 9.30am to 12 30pm

Try the Royal Naval Association (computer idiot so unsure how to post a link, but I found it by typing Royal Naval Association into google) quick search found a branch in North Manchester, they can help with all sorts of things, or as mentioned above try the RBL.

Thanks all, phoning etc now. Even if its someone who will wash his clothes for him,whilst i deal with other things for him,until now i didnt realise how poorly people like him get treated

Thanks all, phoning etc now. Even if its someone who will wash his clothes for him,whilst i deal with other things for him,until now i didnt realise how poorly people like him get treated
if you have any issues, drop me a PM. My Mum and Dad has had some real experience with both the Legion and NHS. Would be happy to give some pointers if you get stuck in the mud

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Scarletto

well done you....sounds like you have this gripped.

The RNBT have been mentioned but if you get no joy then the overarching seagoer's charity ( used to be King George's Fund for Sailors) is now known as SEAFARERS UK.

Their website is at Grants & How to get help – Seafarers UK

Help for individuals
If you are a seafarer wanting help, or if you are a welfare professional and sometimes need to find help for seafarers there are a number or resources to help you.

Seafarer Support is a free helpline that can refer you to a charity that can help – whatever your situation. If you are a serving or former seafarer or are from a seafaring family they will be happy to help you. The number is 0800 121 4765

Keep us posted how he gets on - Arrse muscle WORKS !

oldbaldy

LE
Scarletto

well done you....sounds like you have this gripped.

The RNBT have been mentioned but if you get no joy then the overarching seagoer's charity ( used to be King George's Fund for Sailors) is now known as SEAFARERS UK.

Their website is at Grants & How to get help – Seafarers UK

Keep us posted how he gets on - Arrse muscle WORKS !
They would refer to the RNBT. Seafarers UK granted c£300K to RN & RM charities in 2010.
I know how the RNBT grant committee work and this old boy needs help he will get it from them.

Scarletto...I can't add anything to the excellent info given by others, but would like to say well done to you for raising the issue. AARSE is a great medium for having a laugh, but is also a very useful way to get help for those that genuinely need it. Good luck to you and the old Matelot you're helping...Nice one!!!

Keep us informed mate...TT

Would like to say thanks to all who helped, sadly Tommy died today. Managed to get him into a proper care home for his last few weeks, so anyway Blue skies and calm seas Tommy.

Would like to say thanks to all who helped, sadly Tommy died today. Managed to get him into a proper care home for his last few weeks, so anyway Blue skies and calm seas Tommy.
Well I hope you're fooking proud of yourself for a making an old mans last few weeks on this earth a better place to be. Well done everyone else who chipped in. I hope Tommy's sat with old and long lost friends and family, feeling at peace with everything.

You're a Saint, bud. The old boy probably received more care in his last few months than in the preceding years thanks to you and the ARRSE masses.

Latest Threads