Veteran Funeral - request for help

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Re-posted from NavyNet

"Not sure if this is the right place but, posting on behalf of a fellow RN veteran.

Does anyone have any RAF family/mates.

Re-posted from another site for anyone around the Midlands ...

Morning gents,
I'm in need of some help.
A close family friend died this week aged 91.
Flt Sgt Harry Arrowsmith. Harry served in 207 Sqn during the Second World War and flew 18 missions as a rear gunner in a Lancaster bomber and was also involved in the Berlin airlift.
His wife passed away a few years ago and the only family he has is his sister. I'm concerned that his funeral will not be the send off that he deserves as only his sister and my family will be attending. If anyone knows how to get this posted in an RAF group it would be greatly appreciated in case anyone wishes to attend.
His funeral will be Thursday 24th at 1300hrs Robin Hood cemetery (hall green, Birmingham) with drinks at the Olton gentlemen's club straight after (not a strip club as the name may suggest).
Harry worked and saved his whole life and requested that his estate be split between the RAF association and the Lifeboats to help other airmen in their time of need.
He was an old school gent and a hero who will leave a large void in all our lives.
Please feel free to share this with anyone you think may wish to attend his funeral.
Regards.
Steve & family."

The like was for the intent behind the post, not for the passing of Mr Arrowsmith. I hope he gets the send off he deserves. RIP.

CRABS GERRON PARADE!

Condolences to Mr. Arrowsmiths family and respect to a very brave man. Can someone please inform the RAF Association as well as the relevant unit / branch association and the RBL at district level that this needs action in addition to holding the collecting box out.

I see that @A2_Matelot disagrees with my comment that Mr. Arrowsmith was a very brave man. How very odd.

I see that @A2_Matelot disagrees with my comment that Mr. Arrowsmith was a very brave man. How very odd.
Probably an accidental rating. I'd guess at a good number of the ratings given on this site are either scrolling errors, or fat fingers hitting the wrong button.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Gents, I've watched this soar on Twitter and Facebook, so thanks the word is getting out there.

@eodmatt chill..... I use a mobile I've probably ran my finger over the screen as I'm pocketing the device.

Probably an accidental rating. I'd guess at a good number of the ratings given on this site are either scrolling errors, or fat fingers hitting the wrong button.
Prolly and I don't actualy care either way, in fact the more SABC's and Disagree hits I get the more it amuses me. But this one I thought somewhat incongruous.

Gents, I've watched this soar on Twitter and Facebook, so thanks the word is getting out there.

@eodmatt chill..... I use a mobile I've probably ran my finger over the screen as I'm pocketing the device.
Not good enough. Now I'll have to go and eat worms.

Sorry for being a little bit cynical, but how many attend not out of a sense of duty, but rather a 'look at me' Remembrance Day substitute?

I just hope I'm wrong.