Veteran/Contractor Event in Cheltenham

KateR

Crow
Hi All,

I've already posted this on LinkedIn etc but thought I would drop it in here as well for those that have missed it. There will be an event held in Cheltenham by St. James's Place Wealth Management aimed at ex military contractors or those transitioning from military to civvy contracting. The event will cover a range of financial planning from retirement and tax planning through to investments and everything in between. It will be held at the end of October and is invitation only. For obvious reasons I am being vague about the specific details of when and where.

The event is a champagne and canapé reception followed by a presentation by 2 of our Advisers who will then be available after the presentation to answer individual queries. For those wishing to go, please contact me via LinkedIn - Catherine Chapman-Routh

Many Thanks

CR

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Probably best if you speak to @Bad CO first to get yourself verified before you lure us poor, innocent ex-squaddies into orange jumpsuits.

Though to be fair, with free champagne and canapes I'd take a beheading afterwards. Bezzering with the executioner..
"you..hic...you know me mate we're the..hic.. same yous and I. Luv you mate hic.."

Worth it.

Bad CO

Admin
I think we can safely say that she is legit ...... just be aware that I think she wants your money .....

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think we can safely say that she is legit ...... just be aware that I think she wants your money .....
I've given money to worse..

KateR

Crow
Oh how I've missed Army banter - just don't get it in civvy offices at all. Seriously though, it is an educational event and not a sales pitch. Clearly if you want to invest or do financial planning with SJP our Advisers would be delighted to help but the main reason I have organised this event is because since joining and having access to the advice I have got I think that contractors and more specifically ex military have been hugely underserved. Some people are receiving what they think are pensions and they are early departure payments, others have no idea that they were opted out of the state pension and they have no NI records for their full military career - which can prove a minefield if you then go self employed contractor. Not to mention all of the tax and retirement planning bits and bobs. There is loads of stuff in the presentation which will be of interest and you can either go away and do absolutely nothing, speak to another financial adviser/ planner fully armed with everything you need to know or speak to one of our guys at your leisure. Just for the record - I am not on commission or in a sales role - I'm the Ops Director and trying to get a bit more awareness of some of the things I have learned since being part of this sector.

Hmmm. I would.

Go to the event, obviously. No double entendre shenanigans in the serious bit :)
Lady walked into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre.

So he gave her one.

Latest Threads