Vet sleeping rough in Weston Super Mare

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by RiflemanKnobber, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Press, so it needs some checking, but another sad one if true - anyone recognise/know him?

Western Daily Press

Not too interested in the local council stuff, but it would be nice to get this lad some help if it's possible...
  2. "Not too interested in the local council stuff"?

Where do you think this and many other similar problems start then?

It is precisely because knobbers like the council spokeman and others can trot out this kind of shite and hide behind it there is a criminal lack of facilities across the country:

"Council spokesman Mr Yates added: "We are confident that the return was correct on the evening of the count.

"We have no plans to set up a hostel for homeless people in Weston – not with the numbers we found."

What is he "confident" of?

"According to North Somerset Council, there are no people sleeping rough in the district. The nightly snapshot figures released in June said that the count was zero in North Somerset – and there are just 498 people in the whole of the UK."

B0llocks :x
  3. So the council is 100% sure that their little count looked in every area possible, well according to that article people are finding shelter in:

So in one night they turned the entire area upside down and shook it to see what fell out? Wow, what manpower and staff dedication they must have to go into people private gardens and onto the dunes after dark. The homeless sleep in places that are hard to find, out of the way and safe so they dont get hassle. Utter throbbers in that council.
  4. Surely thePDSA will give him some ad hoc work
  5. If it was anything like the count i took part in Brighton.
    Dozen well meaning types que health safety brief not allowed to go anywhere youd doss so pointless
  6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

First question is whether he's contacted SSAFA/RBL or any of the other organisations.

I'll wait for the next outrage bus until I know something more than a newspaper piece involving "less deserving cases".
  7. We know nothing about this guy,or his situation.
    However,it may be that he is choosing to live like this,and does not want or need help?
  8. blue-sophist

That's often the case ... but then the mates might need to be pushed a bit to remind them of where help is available, and start digging themselves out of the hole they're in.

IMO he needs help. Whether he deserves it, and whether anyone else is aware of his case ... DUNNO.

Anyone around the Weston-on-Mud SSAFA/RBL circuit?

I'll ping this at Old-Baldy anyway.
  9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I'm sure they will have spotted it.
  10. blue-sophist

Thanks, mate.
    I'd hate to see someone fall through the net once he's been spotted.

Great Somme mission, BTW :wink:
  11. If it helps a needy case, I'm happy.