VEs back?

Discussion in 'REME' started by Crafty990, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's a rumour flying round my Bn that the VE trade will be returning this September. Can anyone shed light on this? The fact that the class 1 VM course that starts in June is almost all re-traded VE's may have something to do with it.

2. enough said?

3. Not heard that one only recently been in DEME(A) but I know the TA is retaining theirs.

4. Ask in the cook house queue, some one there is sure to know.

Dave

5. Gen-up, I've got two eccys in my platoon and both of them told me as if it was common knowledge. I've got no reason to believe its not true.

6. I've just been talking to mate who's a clown and he was talking to his mate who's a joker and he was talking to his mate who is a card and he was reliably informed by some REME punter bloke in the Union Jack Club, that, and he quotes " The Vehicle Electrician trade will NOT come back into the REME roll, just the same way as we didn't bring back A and B mechs or take Tradesman off the shop floor to become RS and we will definitely not stream Techs back into Radar/Inst/Tele.. etc. True that it is, from some old bloke - Wiliam, williams...something like that. Got all shirty when told some bloke called Des and his cousin Destwo was a nkob(must be mates?). Respect to him though, said he was going to to give some civvy - Titlow, a good shoeing for selling him a pup.

Any way who needs Electricians, we can use Techs can't we?

Father forgive my Corps, for it knows not, what it does!

7. ah yes in most units but RLC units and some others where techs dont get posted your on your own, so best learn to VE.

8. Use me.......USE ME!!!! :twisted:

9. VM's on their cl 1 course get more in the way of electrics training than techs do. We learn used to learn the basics on a "ferrari" witch was made up of mk5 Cortina bits. The baby techs now get next to jack. I had to tell a second tour LCpl (2nd tour Lance jack tech. Nuff said) how to bump start a Rover.

Then he asked where the master switch was.

I told him to look in the AESP :p

10. See, now I'm just confussed, VE's coming BACK?........ our's hasn't left yet!!!!

11. think this is right if a ve is a stripey or done 12 or more years he dont have to retrade

12. Could not agree more with you Chuzo and as a VM, I did learn VE but unlike some, I actually practised the black art and remained quite current, even after my Class 1(even if I do say so myself ):wink:

RLC..RLC.. what the Funk have they got... basics, gentleman, basics :D

13. At our unit (REME Battalion) we've got one VE (at his 20 yr point) and two VE re-trades (VMB's) and I must say they are considered Bn assets. Maybe thats because Vm's get lazy when they have a VE at hand or maybe it's because there still is a genuine need for them. I deffo have no doubt and believe the latter. Why can't the upper echelons see this? I don't know about the rest of you but my fingers are firmly crossed and my eyes shut tightly hoping that these rumours are true. I fcuking hate electrics coz it smarts like frig when you get it wrong.

14. "Current"

That pun was criminal :lol

Dave

15. Seconded 990, plus I'm getting bored now with showing the youngsters how the stuff works, but, thats what I get for listening on my courses and then actually keeping my hand in at it.

Still theres always biscuits...............