Very / Verey Pistol Flares

I`ve been asked to source some 1" Very / Verey pistol flares , only 5 white and 5 red , any ideas where to get them ? the flare pistol is a BNP and on an FAC.

ugly

LE
I would have thought Chemring aka PWS as they were make them but who retails them now?

ugly

LE
26.5 is bigger than an inch, those are also very long and may not chamber in a standard very, they do sell the Chinese no trigger guard pistol but Survitec dont list it under Pyro!
Hmm
We still used Very pistols when I was in but very few of them no pun intended.

26.5 is bigger than an inch, those are also very long and may not chamber in a standard very, they do sell the Chinese no trigger guard pistol but Survitec dont list it under Pyro!
Hmm
I was thinking more of them as a potential supplier and not to try and jam something in that's the wrong size. I've not looked through their entire list of items,

The Verey pistols in RAF use were converted in the 80s to use metallic cartridges of a slightly different calibre.
I heard that the old cardboard cased cartridges were no longer being made.

ugly

LE
The Verey pistols in RAF use were converted in the 80s to use metallic cartridges of a slightly different calibre.
If thats true then they should all be sect 58 obsolete due to lack of ammo!

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I`ve been asked to source some 1" Very / Verey pistol flares , only 5 white and 5 red , any ideas where to get them ? the flare pistol is a BNP and on an FAC.
I've seen worse MOD requirements documents but not advertised on arrse. Very innovative

Think most would have gone to bird scaring and ATC signal duties

Hmm
Well you needed to see the Boche as they cut your wire

Think most would have gone to bird scaring and ATC signal duties
That's exactly where I used them, in the Harrier force and in training units there was plenty of opportunity to fire off a red or three. For bird scaring there were the 12 bore bangers fired out a Verey pistol with an adaptor.

There used to be one on every AFV CES up to the introduction of miniflares

Latest Threads