Very sad if true!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kennys-go-nad, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very sad if true and I am sure there is more to this. I can understand the need to separate the two during a redress but send the chap that far away when he could have been just moved to another section of BZN is ridiculous and in some way punishing the lad for submitting a redress. I have young Tom before, he dose come across as a lad who complain at just a few harsh words.

Hero Para forced to move as boss faces 'bully' probe - mirror.co.uk

Officer’s sick insult to blast victim | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys

• Like Like x 1
  2. Another more to this than meets the eye story i would think. If it is true as per the story then someone needs their arse kicking and to be publicly named.

3. The redress system for you!

4. Isn't this an on going investigation?

But also having met the lad, I would say he is STILL the epitome of a Para Trooper, IMHO.

5. Why not move the BSM instead of the Lance Jack.

6. IMO, If he's late for work he deserves to be chewed out, just like any other soldier. Derogatory jibes however are unacceptable!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Eaxctly what I was going to say.

8. Usually because a warrant officer will be harder to replace that a lance jack. (By that, I mean their work)

9. Another "story" which we don't have the facts about.

BUT if the system works as you describe stacker, it shows the mob have got some distance to go in terms of dealing with this type of shit.

The Mobs man power issues shouldn't overshadow/take precidence over the victim..ie reporting this shit shouldn't involve the victim being "punished" or "put out" in any way especially if they are a spazzer and live in a specially fitted out home

You wouldn't suspend a kid and send them home if they made allegations about a teacher. Would you?

However....There is a blackness and pragmatism in the forces in which, harsh language and getting neat shit is part of the deal if you let the side down.

If charlie harry was regularly adrift and using his injuries as an excuse, his SM make think this soldier just needs to get up a bit ****ing earlier......harsh but fair?.....

Some (Most :)) SMs are dicks anyhow, who ever they are dealing with :)

Who ****ing knows.......NOT THE DAILY ****ing MIRROR

10. If the Regiment is happy to retain him then a degree or consideration should be shown to the Cpl. He uses prosthetics to get around, simply saying something like get up an hour earlier, demonstrates a lack consideration and callousness. Prosthetics are not 100% guaranteed to work when all the time. Stumps become swollen from the previous day. There all sorts of factors to consider. As its a redress I'm sure there is a lot more to this and truth will come out once a determination is made.

11. Unless he goes sick he has no excuse for not getting early. He's a soldier, he'll do as he is told. The fact he is disabled is irrelevant.

12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

This appears to be the subject of ongoing investigations, so no further comment please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.