Very naughty: TA pension rubbish on armyjobs...

#2
I think someone better tell them because I'm pretty sure someone who should have a little more intelligence simply cut and paste the hyperlink thingies instead of reading it first.
 
#3
And it's bollocks even for the regs:

When do I get my pension?
After two years service, you are eligible for a preserved pension, which you will receive when you reach 60. After 12 years service, you receive a preserved pension and a cash grant. From 22 years service and upward, you get immediate pension, resettlement grant and generous gratuity.
AFPS05 is 65 for your preserved pension, isn't it?
 
#6
Idrach said:
And it's balls even for the regs:

When do I get my pension?
After two years service, you are eligible for a preserved pension, which you will receive when you reach 60. After 12 years service, you receive a preserved pension and a cash grant. From 22 years service and upward, you get immediate pension, resettlement grant and generous gratuity.
AFPS05 is 65 for your preserved pension, isn't it?
Not really, currently if you're over 55 by 06/04/2010 then you can take your pension at 60. If you're not 55 by 06/04/2010 then you have to take it at 65.
 
#7
Without going into the realms of the whole pension system a TA soldier who is or has been called up for service can claim that period of time as pensionable (from 2006 i think) there are TA soldiers now that have done 6,7,8 plus tours all of which is pensionable from the moment you are called up to final discharge date.
 
#8
Never mind the pension... Has anyone compared the salary with that of an NHS manager - A 1 star gets less than an associate director and you have to be a Colonel to earn the same as a senior managing bean counter ( band8) with no authority

Chief Exec gets £200kpa and a Director £100-£150K. Below this there is no real delegated authority

Gob smacked
 
#9
Retd_crab said:
Never mind the pension... Has anyone compared the salary with that of an NHS manager - A 1 star gets less than an associate director and you have to be a Colonel to earn the same as a senior managing bean counter ( band8) with no authority

Chief Exec gets £200kpa and a Director £100-£150K. Below this there is no real delegated authority

Gob smacked
Not in my PCT they don't, Chief Exec, who controls a budget of £600m for a population of 500,000 people had a package worth roughly £140,000 last year, directors are on £80k-115k depending on specialism. Compare that with private sector salaries for equal responsibility/budget.

Equally our directorate has Band 8 posts responsible for service design and implementation who are on £37k a year ie low-mid Captain rank. Those on the high Band 8 scales have a huge amount of responsibilty but even then can only earn up to £79k, these are Asst Director level who actually make most of the decisions for running the PCT and have the authority to do so. We have no ADs on anything close to the on appointment salary of a one star, £95K. Most band 8s are on mid £40sK. The figures you are quoting are the exception rather than the rule.
 
#10
You are also paid for every one-quarter day of training you do, your travel to and from the TA Centre or place of duty, your meals when on duty and your standard uniform.
Must chase that up :x
 
#11
EX_STAB said:
You are also paid for every one-quarter day of training you do, your travel to and from the TA Centre or place of duty, your meals when on duty and your standard uniform.
Must chase that up :x
That will be PAYD then :wink:
 
#12
Sapper145 said:
EX_STAB said:
You are also paid for every one-quarter day of training you do, your travel to and from the TA Centre or place of duty, your meals when on duty and your standard uniform.
Must chase that up :x
That will be PAYD then :wink:


And that's why we have C1 and C2 training....

Honestly, if anyone ever took the MoD to court over Terms and Conditions... we'd probably be entitled to our money back.


It's only a matter of time before "Bounty" becomes "Annual Subscription".
 
#13
Just to preserve the quote for posterity ('cos you just know that it's going to be changed toot sweet):

When do I get my pension?
After two years service, you are eligible for a preserved pension, which you will receive when you reach 60. After 12 years service, you receive a preserved pension and a cash grant. From 22 years service and upward, you get immediate pension, resettlement grant and generous gratuity.
http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/benefits/pay/Pages/TerritorialArmy(TA).aspx
 
#14
putteesinmyhands said:
Just to preserve the quote for posterity ('cos you just know that it's going to be changed toot sweet):

When do I get my pension?
After two years service, you are eligible for a preserved pension, which you will receive when you reach 60. After 12 years service, you receive a preserved pension and a cash grant. From 22 years service and upward, you get immediate pension, resettlement grant and generous gratuity.
http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/benefits/pay/Pages/TerritorialArmy(TA).aspx
Don't bet on it. TA Regulations is even more likely to be featured in a "contract" court case but are hardly ever updated.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top