Very boring thread but really pissing me off

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by edd1989, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been pondering over the last hour or so (yes I’m that sad) about the expression bear/bare in mind.
    Which is the correct lexis?
    I've always thought it was "bare" in the same fashion as in "the right to bare arms" so in other words the right to hold arms. So expression means "hold in mind".
    But whenever I see it written, "bear" all I think is a bloody great grizzly. Is it just peoples using the more frequent application of the word bear?

Anyway I am consulting ARRSE's eternal wisdom once more however I still maintain it is and should be spelt "bare" until I’m proved wrong.
    Yes it is boring and I expect it will be move to the ARRSE hole however it's really bugging me.

Edd

2. 'tis bear in mind. Same as it is bear arms (not bare arms mate - unless you're talking about shirt-sleeve order) :wink:

3. See below! :D

4. But you're right mate - pish thread.......

5. Thanks all the same E-Layer. But bear in mind that though a shite thread...

"Who's more of a fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him?

Anyway I make better posts than bloody chimpy

Edd

6. ffs !!! anyone who replies on this thread must be some sad twat - -
    Doh !!!!!

7. Angus, would that be Doh!!!!!, Dough!!!!! or Doe!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Now lets hear you all sing along...

"Doe, a deer, a female deer
    Ray, a drop of golden sun..."

9. Were can I get some of these bear arms and should they be grilled or roasted.

10. Stuff these bears, wheres my lexus :?

11. edd 1989 wrote "Anyway I make better posts than bloody chimpy"

Not in the same league mate. :roll: :roll:

12. Look, simple answer is;

To Bear - means to carry
    To Bare - means to uncover

Which are you? ........Don't tell us, make a cup of cocoa, go to bed and think about it..............................there's a nice fella!

13. Sing a long what?

14. Concur about it being a shite thread and of course it's 'bear in mind' as in hold it in mind..you obviously get confuddled through thinking about bare/naked things too much 8)
    Whilst we are on this though I have a similar one that I can never remember...is it "Hear hear" or "Here here"?
    Yes I know it's obvious..but only when you know the answer! :oops:

15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You choose, you have 8 notes to pick from. Maybe one at the higher pitch near a glass, touch of vibrato and...

[align=center][​IMG][/align]