Very annoyed

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kez89, Dec 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So went into my local recruiting office today to hopefully join up and become AAC groundcrew.
    Im currently 19 and did apply when i was 17 but got turned down for my eye sight, so the seargent told me over the phone oh yeh get laser eye surgery and it will be fine and youll be able to come in.
    So after moving to differnt parts of the counbtry about 6 times i saved up £3500 which my treatment would cost and we finally settled for where we are living now.

So 3 months ago had the treatment and today went into the office to hopefully get the ball rolling, as i had appiled before they could just use most of my old details then a Wo2 says because ive had laser eye surgery ive now got to wait another year before im allowed to apply ! :(

Just annoying that the first time i appiled noone said i would have to wait a year after i had it done and the laser eye clinic which also gets information from the army never told me either.

So is there anyway i can join sooner ? Ive not had any problems my vision is better than 20/20 and the laser eye clinic is happy that im 100% ok and fine.

2. hindsight's a wonderful thing

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

And 20/20 hindsight is the best of all.... ;-)

4. here's looking at you kid!

5. Indeed, but laser surgery doesn't improve it!

Seriously though, you've got the rest of your life ahead of you, so what if you have to wait another nine months, it's not like you've been permanently barred from service.

6. Last I heard, we weren't allowed LES, so it's good news for me, even if not for you :)

7. tartan has a point mate take the time to get fit and stuff make the most of the time

8. I have also heard that the AAC have an abundance of new recruits and are stopping (apart from the very best) joining for now.

Any AAC Types confirm this??

9. ive heard this around but trouble is ive probably got better eyesight now then most people applying :p

just hard when, say if I failed at ADSC i could take it as it was me not being good enough but missing out like this is hard.

10. Before deciding on the RAC I was going to join AAC however was told at the time there was atleast a six month wait....and that was back in September, so you may have a bit of a wait anyway.

But look on the bright side, now you have 9/12 mths to get even fitter than you are now!

11. Does anyone know of anywhere that i may be able to try and appeal against it or somthing of that sort ?

12. Why not acept it and get really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really....

fcuking fit!

It's a 'journey' not a destination...

13. i wouldnt mind doing that trouble is i cant find a job and ive moved away from all my friends so im screwed basically.

as employers wont employ me as ive got like a year and a half gap in my work history and they think im lazy( and yes i have tried applying, but to no avial).

and if im not working i cant meet new people.

and now it looks like my parents are gonna split so i may even have to move again.

the only one good thing was i was gonna be able to join up now thats been taken away :cry:

14. Just remember, it's up the vain, not across it.....

15. you sir may have 10 points for making me laugh. :D