Versatile Engagement?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by hastings, Sep 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering what the general jist and opinions of all on this new and upcoming topic. I don't even know what the current qualifying criteria is :?:
  2. I know VEng is an up and coming option within the RLC, although as to the qulaifying critiera I cannot help. I believe that Ammunition Techncians are one of the groups aimed at - perhaps have a stab in the RLC Forum.

Having spoken to a few guys about this I am not entirely convinced that it will be well received, the way I understand it (and I could be completely off track here), is that a soldier will carry on as per the last 22 years of his career for an extra 3, 5 or 7 years. The reason I don't believe it will be that well received is, as I understand it, a soldier will effectively be doing the same job he has always done for £x less, as he will be at the immediate pension point at the commencement of his VENG and would be entitled to £x per month irrespective of whether he stayed in the army or not.

Like I say, you may want to ask in the RLC forum for a more comprehensive and authoratative answer.